CMS Articles links in facebook without preview image ¿?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inigo
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.0.x

CMS Articles links in facebook without preview image ¿?

Hello, I have a problem.

I have a facebook fan page where I paste the most representative links of my CMS articles.

In all the articles I insert images (as attachments), and I have in setup:

"guests can download thumbnails" ok
    "guests can download attachments" ok

And if I enter in CMS inside an article as guest, all runs ok, but when I paste a CMS article link in my facebook page, it doesn´t recognize any image, and only shows TITLe and DESCRIPTION (without image).

It is very important to have an image of each artiicle in my fan page wall. (the same for users that share my content)

Thanks!
  • blueperspective
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Same problem here, just I'm using the forum only. Since I updated to 4.1.10 when I post links of my articles on Facebook.. the preview image doesn't appear anymore. Before the update all articles had a preview image. Any suggestion ?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Are we talking about Facebook walls or Facebook apps here as this is the FB App help forum?

See also:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Dave Alcock
        • May 2006
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        Thanks Trevor. I've just petitioned for that bug to be re-opened after reading it.

And here's an after thought to my motivation -

How many vBulletin sites have .php file extensions enabled in their image attachment manager? And even then, would the vBulletin script identify and upload the "referenced image"?

Please tie Allen Lin down and could we have a "valid image file" referencing system, even if it is just in the og:image tag (in which case see http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBF-501).
        The Forum SA - A South African website for business minded folk.

Comment