X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eoheod
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Facebook Setup Failing

I'm pasting the info I have entered so far in my support ticket, which seems to have been ignored for about the past 6 hours or so, despite the vB home page stating that most support requests are responded to in 1.5 hours. Even if they are working on it presently, I'd appreciate a quick 4 word note, something like "We're working on it."

Any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to set up the facebook app via provided instructions.
    On the step where I enter my generated API key and forum URL, I keep getting the following error:
    Invalid URL Please check your site's Admin Control Panel, make sure the API is enabled, and verify that the parameters here are the same as the site.
    Please rest assured that I do NOT have vBSEO.
    Please assist with this immediately.
    Trevor Hannant
    Dec 06th '11 03:12am
    Hello.
    What URL are you entering into that field? Make sure it's the one that is set in:
    AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > Forum URL
    Best regards,

Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support Staff
    Dec 06th '11 10:07am
    Since this text input box disallows the addition of screenshots, I will simply have to reiterate that I properly entered my forum URL and API key by copying and pasting them directly from the vB AdminCP locations specified. As part of the ticket, I included the vB login credentials for the site in question- I'm authorizing you to try it yourself.
    Trying it again this morning, it appears to give a different, thoroughly ambiguous error:
    Your site does not appear to be properly installed. Please check your site installation. If you are sure your installation is correct, please create a support ticket. Failed when testing API
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

I replied to your ticket a couple of hours ago. Please note that in order to ensure continuity and avoid confusion, each ticket is assigned to a specific individual who generally stays with that ticket to the end. Given this, none of us are instantly available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to immediately respond to everything. In fact, sometimes we even need to take breaks and occasionally sleep too.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• avitor
      • Jun 2007

hi
      i have same problem allmost
      API is disabled Please check your site's Admin Control Panel, make sure the API is enabled
      i check and the api kay is same as in my admin and in facebook devloper.
      what next ?
      http://www.horadot.co.za

Comment

• avitor
        • Jun 2007

any help ?

Comment

• avitor
          • Jun 2007

hello ?
          nead help
          i have same problem allmost
          API is disabled Please check your site's Admin Control Panel, make sure the API is enabled
          i check and the api kay is same as in my admin and in facebook devloper.
          heeeeeeeeeeelp

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Believe this was answered in another thread - don't post in multiple threads for the same issue
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment