• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FNG
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Still unable to login to forum via the FB App

I'm still unable to login to forum via the FB App:

I've installed the '/product-vbfbfriends.xml' product and configured the options in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Facebook Application Options
    I've verified that the proper URL's are being used "https://" and they are ended with"/"

Also, the "connect" feature on my website forum allows users to login with no trouble via Facebook, however I cannot log into the forums via the FB App.
  • FNG
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Found the issue... just in case anyone else has this issue too:

AdminCP>Settings>Options>Facebook Options:
    Verify that the following info is accurate...
    Facebook Application ID
    Facebook Secret

I had a different App ID & Secret information here... it was from a Facebook app that I previously created to JUST log people in... I changed it to match the purchased Facebook App info and BAM! success! (Time to start testing)

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Yes, normally you can use the same for both, however if one (the app, or the forum) are on different domains, it gets way trickier. Glad you got it resolved.

Comment

• FNG
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

It doesn't seem to push notifications to topics through Facebook to users... which was kind of a big deal for the FB fanatics that use the forum. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Comment

• momos
          • Aug 2009
          • 5.3.x

Originally posted by FNG
          it was from a Facebook app that I previously created to JUST log people in... I changed it to match the purchased Facebook App info and BAM! success! (Time to start testing)
          FNG, could you be more spesific? what do you mean "I changed it to match the purchased Facebook App info" ?
          I'm facing the same problem here, I can only doing login via facebook apps, but can't publish to FB wall..
          I have entered the FB apps Id & secret (also enable all option in admincp>facebook)... what else to complete than? please help..

Comment