X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnatster
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Limited Offer Time?

When the Mobile Solution pricing was introduced to us it was said to be a Limited Offer at $99. When queried what time frame limited defined we told by Adrian it would be months. Now in my book "months" is defined as at least 2 months. Well, true to forum of IB lying to us again that in the IB dictionary "months" really means 2 weeks as the limited offer quickly went from $99 to $199.

I want to see how others implement this before I jump in. So with that in mind..

How long will the $99 Limited Offer be viable please?
    Director of Support - Drive Thru Online

sigpic

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Being honest with you... I don't know the time frame. I would suggest if you want the app at this price, that you purchase as soon as possible.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SteveLV702
      • Aug 2009

Limited Offer Time?

Any clue what normal price will be cause at $99 it's already overpriced.. If make it $199 like mobile suite doubt anyone will buy it cause will be so way to expensive for what it is...
      ------------------------------------------
      Steve
      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by SteveLV702
        Any clue what normal price will be cause at $99 it's already overpriced.. If make it $199 like mobile suite doubt anyone will buy it cause will be so way to expensive for what it is...
        I do not know this either. I am sure each customer will decide for themselves if the value exists at the price point.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

On previous form, they will not announce the closure date or the full price until after the offer has closed.

If you want this app buy it as soon as it's available before they pull the rug away like last time.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• baerwurz
            • Jan 2006
            • 3.8.x

What´s with germany customers?

Will there be a version a vbulletin-germany.com or do i have to purchase the app here?

Ist the app phrased?
            Onlinekredit | Fussball | Fußball Community

Comment

• rootsxrocks
              • Aug 2009
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Being honest with you... I don't know the time frame. I would suggest if you want the app at this price, that you purchase as soon as possible.
              To be Honest I despise pressure sales tactics like that by the time I was able to look at the mobile solutions it was already at the 199.00 price and even then wasn't fully functional nor did it have any concrete road map.

I hate to mention it adnauseum but that limited time offer on the CMS I rushed into is probably the worst mistake I have made since i started and the slow in development after the cash grab has me Leary of buying anything including paid mods now days. How about I trade my blog and project licenses for the new feature ?

Are all new features going to be sold as add ons from this point forward ?
              I seem to recall Facebook integration was one of those things promised in vb 4.

How is this further investment going to make returns for me ?

I go with my Mobile to Facebook and I can't even find the app for vb much less use it.

furthermore if it doesn't draw people to use my full site then isn't it just enabling Facebook to further dominate the web and my users time. Plus requiring me to get a ssl

I am seriously thinking about just spending that 100 buck on a second XF and removing the ad ons that I have held out for.
              Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Not pressuring anyone. Just stating the price can change and I don't know when it will change. It is up to you whether or not you want to purchase it or not.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• valerios
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 4.1.x

What about the license? it is a once for a lifetime or is an annual fee?
                  what about the updates?

I would like to buy, but i need to know if it is an annual fee or it will be similar to the vbulletin 4 series license
                  VOTE ->Allow to rotate and tag the album pictures
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Official vbulletin Italian Group on vbulletin.com, Join us HERE
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Helping people to settle in Australia:
                  www.australianboard.com
                  The community of the people that dream Australia:
                  www.australianboardcommunity.com

Comment

• rootsxrocks
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 4.2.X

Absolutely, the price of these add ons would be a hell ov a lot easier to swallow if they were in a reasonable proportion to the cost of the licenses.
                    as mentioned in the other thread I wouldn't mind 40 bucks for a beta product and functional add ons. However I would still resent and be tee'd off about any time spent on this sort of thing while the original product is left unfinished.

It's liken to a Dealer selling you a Brand new muscle care and then you find out the transmission is still in peices on the bench and before the Mechanic has put that back in, the salesman starts a limited offer sales pitch on tires, But you have to pay 60 percent of the cars price for the rims before you even put it in gear.
                    Oh and would you like some paint on it, seats steering wheel THe Mechanis will get rioght on that after he returns from walmart were he is going to get your tires..???

Oh and by the way we are throwing in a few passengers that will pay us for riding with you, you don't mind do you they will keep you company. Don't worry about the folks you were planning on using that back seat for, we will show them to another persons ride while they are waiting on your FB app to load.
                    Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

• Ace
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by valerios
                      What about the license? it is a once for a lifetime or is an annual fee?
                      what about the updates?

I would like to buy, but i need to know if it is an annual fee or it will be similar to the vbulletin 4 series license
                      It has no expiry date, just like the vB4 license.
                      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...