Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MUST-HAVE features for the new CMS and Vbulletin 4, THESE ARE A MUST!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The content editor should get some work done, the images don't align how they should with text

There is no option to add border spaces around the image and that can be a pain in a lot of articles

Changing the image options dont reflect position or size in the editor window

Cant change size of the picture using just with the mouse that should be one of the funcions to manage the images.

image align.jpg

Comment

on the topic of blogs i would like to see when you post on your sites vBblog that it goes to your twitter, facebook and myspace accounts automaticley when you hit submit.

if this was implimented a person could get the word out faster on news about their sites and not have to log into all their social networking spaces. this also would give site devs more time to work on their sites and maybe earn more cash in the process.

some people have more than three social networking sites they belong to and having to log into all those places and then their vB blog takes time saving time is a good thing.

this can be implimented by having a field in users controll pannel like avatar settings sig settings and forum options have one call social options have it where a user can click a button or enter a url for their social networking places and have it set so the user can post to the listed site(s) when they submit a post to the vB blog.

Comment

Agreed... I hope what's blow is added

"* Content on the front page of the CMS should be able to be pulled in via "clusters" that we set. For example we want to show 3 articles from each category on the front page and separate them out into sections. Or set sections of the frontpage that pull little feeds from each category. That way we can highlight stuff from all across the site and give a good variety on the home page instead of just the most recent stuff. What happens if we just update a whole bunch of articles from one category and they all show up on the homepage, for example "birds". Looks stupid if our site is about nature and all types of animals. People would think we just do birds (at first glance)."

"
        *Fuzzy logic widget that can encourage participation such as "You're new here, why don't you post something in the forum and say hello", and "I see you haven't logged in for a while, check out these things", "3 people responded to your thread, would you like to respond?" Something along those lines, to better encourage community. Facebook has some very good features in this regard."

"* Ability to show certain widgets for non-members but have them disappear once people are logged in. More widget logic. That way we can run widgets that have ads and not show them for paid members."

"* Fix the double avatar thing on the user profile. Why is there a blank man box, and an avatar box right underneath? Or sometimes it shows two avatars. This is confusing."

"* Profile completeness widget, to encourage people to fill out certain areas of their profile better. Facebook and many sites have this. Incorporates better community involvement and gives them a "stake" in things."

"* Ability to stick an article to the front page and have all other articles just show underneath."

All that should be a must!
        My vBulletin - NOOBonic - We support games, NOT consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by KiLLAxMAHN View Post
          Agreed... I hope what's blow is added

"* Content on the front page of the CMS should be able to be pulled in via "clusters" that we set. For example we want to show 3 articles from each category on the front page and separate them out into sections. Or set sections of the frontpage that pull little feeds from each category. That way we can highlight stuff from all across the site and give a good variety on the home page instead of just the most recent stuff. What happens if we just update a whole bunch of articles from one category and they all show up on the homepage, for example "birds". Looks stupid if our site is about nature and all types of animals. People would think we just do birds (at first glance)."

"*Fuzzy logic widget that can encourage participation such as "You're new here, why don't you post something in the forum and say hello", and "I see you haven't logged in for a while, check out these things", "3 people responded to your thread, would you like to respond?" Something along those lines, to better encourage community. Facebook has some very good features in this regard."

"* Ability to show certain widgets for non-members but have them disappear once people are logged in. More widget logic. That way we can run widgets that have ads and not show them for paid members."

"* Fix the double avatar thing on the user profile. Why is there a blank man box, and an avatar box right underneath? Or sometimes it shows two avatars. This is confusing."

"* Profile completeness widget, to encourage people to fill out certain areas of their profile better. Facebook and many sites have this. Incorporates better community involvement and gives them a "stake" in things."

"* Ability to stick an article to the front page and have all other articles just show underneath."

All that should be a must!

this is a good wishlist expanding on my idea cudoes to you

Comment

My vote's for Facebook/OpenID connect. This feature is a MUST have!

Comment

I'd suggest things like Facebook/Twitter connectivity would be widgets that can be added - they are not core features.

Something like static pages in the CMS is a core feature that most currently-available CMS software possesses.

Comment

You guys realize that the staff at vBulletin are not your personal programmers, right? Calling things a "MUST HAVE" vs. making it a request is a little cheeky.

Comment

Originally posted by DJDarknez View Post
                  You guys realize that the staff at vBulletin are not your personal programmers, right? Calling things a "MUST HAVE" vs. making it a request is a little cheeky.
                  I do agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by DJDarknez View Post
                    Asking people to pay for something they haven't had the opportunity to see is also a little cheeky. I'd say we're even. You can't expect people not to ask for things like this if you put them in a position of having to pay for a product sight unseen. I'm a professional web developer too so I undersand how they might feel and I appreciate all they do, and think vb is an excellent product (why I bought the suite in the pre-sale). But they sold it on the expectation that it'd be what we were all wanting, this is the exact reaction they should expect for doing that. I for example want them to sort the navbar out and make it better, until they do that I can't use the software I paid for in advance (at least not without a lot of time spent coding on my part, and I bought vb because it was worth it so I wouldn't have to spend time bridging things etc). I'm entitled to ask for them to do that I think. I doubt they will by the time vb 4 goes gold, but askign shouldn't be a problem IMO. Verbally abusing them on the other hand would be way out of line, but I don't think anyone here has done that.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH2911 View Post
                      Asking people to pay for something they haven't had the opportunity to see is also a little cheeky. I'd say we're even. You can't expect people not to ask for things like this if you put them in a position of having to pay for a product sight unseen. I'm a professional web developer too so I undersand how they might feel and I appreciate all they do, and think vb is an excellent product (why I bought the suite in the pre-sale). But they sold it on the expectation that it'd be what we were all wanting, this is the exact reaction they should expect for doing that. I for example want them to sort the navbar out and make it better, until they do that I can't use the software I paid for in advance (at least not without a lot of time spent coding on my part, and I bought vb because it was worth it so I wouldn't have to spend time bridging things etc). I'm entitled to ask for them to do that I think. I doubt they will by the time vb 4 goes gold, but askign shouldn't be a problem IMO. Verbally abusing them on the other hand would be way out of line, but I don't think anyone here has done that.
                      ...Well said...

I find a few people on here are a bit sensitive/defensive - it should be a blessing to the developers, that posters (including people who like you and I have paid 'up-front') have taken the time out to compile a knowledgebase of bugs/suggestions etc...

Comment

Good threads and posts, I think they really are MUST-HAVE features.

Comment

Great suggestions! I agree with most of them.

However, they might serve better in their own threads and/or under projects as a bug.
                          Archive: 1 ~ 2 ETC in the feedback forums that were closed.

Comment

One feature that I think has been MASSIVELY overlooked is the fact there is no image browser for previously uploaded images (or is it staring me in the face and I didn't see it). The image box allows for either upload from computer or from web, both are pointless if I know that I have already uploaded the pic once before.

If I am putting content up every day, it's very likely I will need to use the same image again with the current system we have to upload the same image over and over again. I certainly don't fancy uploading pics on every post, that would drive me nuts.
                            My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

Comment

Hey guys.... do they really care? This is all about $$$$. They still have VB3 install documentation. Sorry, doesn't work!

Comment

Anyone say Beta? *cough*

Comment

Working...
                                X