X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steven Tyme
    • Dec 2015
    • 4.2.x

Garbled Text After Migration

Hello, I hope someone can help. I just moved my forum to a VPS with a new host. After the move the "General Settings" page of members account is all garbled. I attached an image of what it looks like. This is vBulletin 4.2.5 with PHP 5.6

When I switch to PHP 7.0 I get the following:

Call to undefined function mysql_num_rows() on line 2 in /home/watchint/public_html/profile.php(2086) : eval()'d code
    #0 /home/watchint/public_html/profile.php(2086): eval()
    #1 {main}

Fatal User Error: Call to undefined function mysql_num_rows() on line 2 in ..../profile.php(2086) : eval()'d code in ..../vb/vb.php on line 286
    Trace Data:
    #1 : vbstop() called in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 6089 #2 : vbulletin_error_handler() called in on line #3 : trigger_error() called in ..../vb/vb.php on line 286 #4 : vB::handleException() called in on line Var Type:
    [ NULL ]
    Var Data:
    null

This is the only page on the forum that does this. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I contacted my host and they claim it is a problem with the software application not the server.

Thanks!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The error appears to be coming from a third-party addon. Follow these steps:

Please use the config file to disable the plugin system.

To do this, edit your vBulletin config.php file currently on the server by adding the following line after the <?php line:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then reupload the config.php file into your forum's includes folder.

Afterward, go to the ACP -> Plugins & Products and under both 'Manage Products' and 'Plugin Manager' disable all non-vB products and plugins.

Make sure to go to both the 'Manage Products' and 'Plugin Manager' locations.

Then remove that line from the config file.

Now, you have to re-enable your addons one at a time until the error recurs. That is the addon that needs to be updated or removed from the system.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...