Where can I include third-party lines of code on my forum ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eden Genesis
    • Aug 2014
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Where can I include third-party lines of code on my forum ?

Hello,

I bought third party services and I am asked to include lines of code on my site to be able to use them.

However, I have no idea where and how I should include them.

I have, among other things, various lines of code to enter such as an automatic chat-bot, an analysis of visits to my forum, a user help service, etc.

Until now, I used mods that are automatically installed, I never had to enter myself lines of codes ....

Could you help me find where I need to include these lines of code?

thank you in advance for your precious help.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

We cannot really advise on this as we have no idea what the modifications are for and what they do. Where code might go will depend on that.

We cannot in any event provide any help with custom code. The author of the product should be able to provide assistance if they are selling it as compatible with vBulletin.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Eden Genesis
      • Aug 2014
      • 4.2.X

You're right. Silly me! I thought you could tell me where I shouldn't include any code if you don't know where I have to include them. Usually, these codes are included on the wordpress blog or any webpage.

The authors of these codes tell us where they should be included, for instance, at the top or at the bottom of the web page. or between two lines of code, but as I'm not very familiar with coding, I'm afraid of doing stupid things.

I know very well that you can not, under any circumstances, take responsibility for telling me where to include these lines of code, but I would have liked at least to know where I could include these codes. Usually, where can a coder, add new lines of codes?

I'm using the following services : Userback, Quriobot, LiveAgent, VideoVuze, etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...