• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wtrk68
    • Apr 2015
    • 4.2.x

Vbulletin Setup Error

Hi again.

I want to setup my forum again again and again but still I have problem during installation.

During the setup proccess after I enter admin name -password and mail adrress then I take this error. Please help me.

Vbulletin version is :4.2.5
    Php version is : 7.0

Code:
    Unexpected Text:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  mysqli_query(): (01000/1265): Data truncated for column 'datatype' at row 1 in <b>/storage/ssd2/650/8593650/public_html/includes/class_core.php</b> on line <b>1393</b><br />
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <errors>
        <error><![CDATA[<p>Database Error</p>]]></error>
        <error_html><![CDATA[<p>Database error in vBulletin 4.2.2</p>
    <p>Invalid SQL:
    REPLACE INTO setting
                        (product, varname, grouptitle, value, datatype, optioncode, volatile )VALUES('vbulletin', 'skimlinks_salt', 'version', '490159fbf13a4ed83e134fc99b003af1',
                    '', 'skimlinks', 1 );<p>
    <p>
    <strong>MySQL Error</strong>   : Data truncated for column 'datatype' at row 1<br />
    <strong>Error Number</strong>  : 1265<br />
    <strong>Request Date</strong>  : Tuesday, March 26th 2019 @ 01:23:22 PM<br />
    <strong>Error Date</strong>    : Tuesday, March 26th 2019 @ 01:23:25 PM<br />
    <strong>Script</strong>        : http://defineyolu.club/install/install.php<br />
    <strong>Referrer</strong>      : http://defineyolu.club/install/install.php<br />
    <strong>Classname</strong>     : vB_Database_MySQLi<br />
    <strong>MySQL Version</strong> : 10.3.13-MariaDB<br />
    </p>]]></error_html>
    </errors>
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I am a bit confused here.

The error states you're using vBulletin 4.2.2 which would signify an upgrade but the error is on install.php. There is no username and password request on an upgrade. What exactly are you trying to do here? vBulletin 4.2.2 will not work with PHP 7.0.

The error is caused because for some reason MySQL think the data being inserted into the datatype field is too long. Yet the string in the query is empty. This is most likely due to a variable not being interpreted properly because of the PHP version.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wtrk68
      • Apr 2015
      • 4.2.x

I download my vbulletin 4.2.5 files from members area.

But it gives an error as you see. I dont know whats the reason of this problem ?

what kind of problem and I dont know, how can I solve?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

After uploading the vBulletin 4.2.5 files and overwriting the vBulletin 4.2.2 files, make sure you run /install/upgrade.php.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wtrk68
          • Apr 2015
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          After uploading the vBulletin 4.2.5 files and overwriting the vBulletin 4.2.2 files, make sure you run /install/upgrade.php.
          I dont want to upgrade, because there is no any websites, I want to Make new setup. Is that possible to make new forum with 4.2.5 files ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

The error you posted clearly states you're using vBulletin 4.2.2 files.

<error_html><![CDATA[<p>Database error in vBulletin 4.2.2</p>

Your license only allows a single installation of vBulletin. You have an active site here: https://defineyolu.com/.

With a valid license, you can install a new version of vBulletin 4.2.5 on a properly configured server. You'll need a second license for a second installation.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wtrk68
              • Apr 2015
              • 4.2.x

The error you posted clearly states you're using vBulletin 4.2.2 files.

Your license only allows a single installation of vBulletin. You have an active site here: https://defineyolu.com/.

With a valid license, you can install a new version of vBulletin 4.2.5 on a properly configured server. You'll need a second license for a second installation.
              Actually this license I will use again defineyolu.com, I want to move my hosting next a few days and want to make clean setup also inject databese and then I will move my hosting to this new company.. So one license for just but I want to move and make sure works it without problem. Thats the reason

Comment

• wtrk68
                • Apr 2015
                • 4.2.x

Anyone here ?

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

You can only have ONE instance live and showing to the public at any one time, per license.

If you are going to make the new instance public straight away, you need to have the old one inaccessible (behind .htaccess password protection is the usual method) BEFORE uploading files for the new installation. Or, vice versa. If this isn't complied with, it's classed as a license breach and we would be unable to provide any support until it is rectified.

As Wayne states, the error clearly shows you have 4.2.2 files present.

I don't know what 'inject database' means. You cannot however point a 4.2.2 database at a new 4.2.5 installation.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• wtrk68
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                    You can only have ONE instance live and showing to the public at any one time, per license.

If you are going to make the new instance public straight away, you need to have the old one inaccessible (behind .htaccess password protection is the usual method) BEFORE uploading files for the new installation. Or, vice versa. If this isn't complied with, it's classed as a license breach and we would be unable to provide any support until it is rectified.

As Wayne states, the error clearly shows you have 4.2.2 files present.

I don't know what 'inject database' means. You cannot however point a 4.2.2 database at a new 4.2.5 installation.
                    I will not do public my forum before another one disable. I just want to do this I think not clear at your side.

I want to change my hosting. I uploaded 4.2.5 files for installation and tried to install but it wasnt allow to set up, and gives this error.

After clean installation, I will move my sql database and load new and moved forum. Then if it is works, I will close old one and continue new hosting.

SO but I tried 4.2.2 and 4.2.5 files for installation , it wasnt allow to setup and always gives me this error. Why I didnt clean install and meet this error ?

Comment

• wtrk68
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 4.2.x

Is this compatible for vbulletin 4.2.5 installation ?

Apache Version 2.4.34
                      PHP Version 5.6.36
                      MySQL Version 5.6.39-cll-lve

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        Wayne Luke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes... Though, PHP 5.6.36 is End of Life and could be a security risk. It is recommended you use PHP 7.1.
                    • Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

vBulletin 4.2.2 is not compatible with your new server. You shouldn't even upload those files. In order to move servers, you need to:
                      1. Restore your existing database on the new server.
                      2. Upload the vBulletin 4.2.5 file.s
                      3. Edit /includes/config.php to connect to the newly restored database.
                      4. Run /install/upgrade.php.

Databases are version specific. You cannot install 4.2.5, restore an older database, and expect the software to work.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wtrk68
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 4.2.x

vBulletin 4.2.2 is not compatible with your new server. You shouldn't even upload those files. In order to move servers, you need to:
                        1. Restore your existing database on the new server.
                        2. Upload the vBulletin 4.2.5 file.s
                        3. Edit /includes/config.php to connect to the newly restored database.
                        4. Run /install/upgrade.php.

Databases are version specific. You cannot install 4.2.5, restore an older database, and expect the software to work.

Ok after I run upgrade code it says this

Warning: mysqli_query(): (01000/1265): Data truncated for column 'datatype' at row 1 in /storage/ssd2/650/8593650/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1393

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Uninstall the Skimlinks product before making the database backup.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wtrk68
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 4.2.x

Uninstall the Skimlinks product before making the database backup.
                            Ok, I uninstalled it and now I will start again backup make.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...