X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed762
    • Jun 2014

[Forum] Attachement space limit does not work

Hello all,

I just found out the the control "Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume" has stopped working. Meaning that, the user can upload more attachment and use more space than it was set in the usergroup permission under "attachment">"Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume".

Other than the vbulletin admin panel, is there another switch that may override the attachment space limits assigned to usergroups?

More information: Attachment permission is turned off for the primary group, the permission and the limit are assigned to the secondary group

Does anyone have idea where to look to diagnose this issue?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Ed762; Fri 22 Mar '19, 12:34pm.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If the primary usergroup is set to 0 for the attachment space limitation, this means unlimited space for the user regardless of what their secondary usergroup says.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ed762
      • Jun 2014

Ok, I see what you mean. Very counter intuitive.
      Last edited by Ed762; Fri 22 Mar '19, 1:15pm.

Comment

• Ed762
        • Jun 2014

I put a limit of 10KB to the primary group and set permission to "No", and a limit of "30KB" to the secondary group and set the permission to "yes". In forum permission, I let either group to have permission to upload. I was able to upload 50KB attachment and the warning only popped up when I upload a 90KB file which said the limit is exceeded by 19KB. When I upload a 147KB file, it said the limit is exceeded by 50KB?

So the limit of 10KB in the primary group and 30KB in the secondary group are not really respected, and the actual limit is some floating number? Can someone enlighten me how this works?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

The value should be in bytes. Are you using 10240 or 10KB for the value?

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ed762
            • Jun 2014

I plugged in the numbers 10000 and 30000 into the permission panels of the respective usergroups.

Comment

• Ed762
              • Jun 2014

post weekend bump

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

You would need to open a ticket. Not sure why it isn't working and I don't currently have a working vBulletin 4.X forum to try to recreate. We would need access to the AdminCP and a user with the quota restrictions.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...