X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnrx
    • Feb 2009

[Forum] Messages waiting for moderation

Hello.
    When I access to admincp I view that appears Messages waiting for moderation (around 500-600 messages), but when I click in view messages, any thread or post to moderation.
    Strange for me...
    I review check permissions in user groups, don't view any strange.
    Also, in admincp, moderation, click in view messages for moderation and also, any post or thread for moderation.
    In the statics of admincp, the total messages waiting for moderation is increasing.
    I can not see the user, or the messages, or what user group it belongs to or in what forum it is posting ...

Thanks in advance.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

In vBulletin 4, you view the Moderation Queue in the ModCP. Can you view them there?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
      • Feb 2009

Hello.
      Also, in ModCP any thread or post or message in moderation queue.
      Since I opened this thread until this last answer, now in admincp, 5070 messages appear in moderation queue.

I've searched everywhere, I'm not able to find where they are, what happens ... I do not see anything ...

Thanks and regards.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Make sure you have access to all forums. Administrators are not gauranteed access to all forums. Check Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions and your personal Access Masks.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Make sure you have access to all forums. Administrators are not gauranteed access to all forums. Check Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions and your personal Access Masks.
          Thanks for the reply.
          I have reviewed what you are saying, I do not see anything strange.
          I have two users as administrators, I have logged in with both and it happens to me with both.
          I have logged in with a super admin user, the same thing happens to me.
          The other day create a new group of users, but copy their permissions, I do not have any group of users so that the messages are in moderation queue.
          Even so, 2 days ago I detected that, two users, from different groups, had their messages queued for moderation (but they were only 2 or 3 messages), I could not detect the failure.
          I have performed the following test:
          I see that the number of messages in moderation queue has remained at 5070 (messages, not threads).
          I have performed the following test:
          I have disapproved a message manually from a thread, then 5071 appears to me and when I click on see, only the message that I have manually disapproved appears to me (I have taken a message from a thread at random).
          Once again approved, 5070 reappear, but when clicking on see, as before, nothing appears, no message, no thread or nothing at all ...
          I do not know what can be happening ...

Thanks.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

I don't know what is happening either. You would have to open a support ticket with access to the server so we can actually know what is going on.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
              • Feb 2009

I don't know what is happening either. You would have to open a support ticket with access to the server so we can actually know what is going on.
              Ok, thanks Wayne.
              I go to open a support ticket.

Regards.

Comment

• gnrx
                • Feb 2009

Hello Wayne.
                I open a ticket but they indicate that, are not eligible for ticket support at this time with my license.
                Also;
                Code:
                While you're without ticket support, we'll do our best to provide support via the forums. In a case where we have exhausted our support options via the forum we can escalate your issue back into a ticket when required.
                I understand therefore that, a while ago, the license and support policy changed (something that was unknown). I must exhaust the tracks through this forum, once sold out, then open a new ticket (in my open ticket I made reference to this thread).
                From what I understand, I must exhaust all possibilities here.
                I have come up with an option that I do not know if it is viable, is it possible to visualize these messages that are in moderation queue in phpmyadmin?

Thanks and regards.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

You have a vBulletin 4 license. They have lifetime ticket support.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
                    • Feb 2009

You have a vBulletin 4 license. They have lifetime ticket support.
                    Yes, I have a vBulletin 4 license, and I was think that, the policies of ticket support was changed, but like indicate you, I have vB4 and lifetime ticket support.
                    I view your reply, I go to reply,

Thank you very much!!!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

This issue appears to be caused by your [OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users addon. It is creating new posts to welcome users but they aren't properly being assigned to a new thread. This means they can't be seen in the User Interface.

You can delete them in phpMyAdmin with this query:

delete from post where visible=0

Disabling the addon should prevent the issue from recurring.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
                        • Feb 2009

This issue appears to be caused by your [OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users addon. It is creating new posts to welcome users but they aren't properly being assigned to a new thread. This means they can't be seen in the User Interface.

You can delete them in phpMyAdmin with this query:

delete from post where visible=0

Disabling the addon should prevent the issue from recurring.
                        Thanks Wayne,
                        As I indicated in the ticket response, without your help I would not have been able to solve this problem.
                        Also, I have been using this mod for a long time (years) and this problem has not happened to me so far, perhaps, and only maybe, it also has to do with the installation of the addon a few weeks ago GlowHost - Spam-O-Matic.
                        But it's something I thought yesterday, I had not realized it.
                        I checked it and reconfigured it, but everything was the same.
                        I have made the changes suggested by you so that the error is not reproduced.
                        I have also executed the query in phpmyadmin, and indeed, the 5070 queued moderation messages have disappeared.
                        As I comment, without your help, I would not have been able to solve this problem.
                        I thank you very much for all your help and attention!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

You'll need to make sure your old addons work properly with new versions of PHP.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
                            • Feb 2009

You'll need to make sure your old addons work properly with new versions of PHP.
                            Yes...some addons...its possible not working properly with new versions of PHP.

Again, thank you very much!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...