X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tempagain
    • Mar 2014
    • 4.2.X

Bypassing the App

I have a member who is having all kinds of problems with the vbulletin and TapaTalk mobile apps - gets booted, images not showing, etc.

Is there way for someone to choose to view the forum as "full site" - no app? I can do that with the main part of my website but I don't see a way to bypass the forum app software on mobile devices.

Thanks.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

The user should be able to uninstall TapaTalk from their mobile device. Unless they are using it elsewhere that would probably be the easiest solution.

Comment

• tempagain
      • Mar 2014
      • 4.2.X

He is able to bypass tapatalk, but the VB app kicks in. Is there a way to for him to disable the vbulletin mobile suite app? He does say that the VB app works OK, but for some reason some images he can see on his PC, don't show in the app.

Does anyone know if there are different file size limits in the app?

Thanks

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by tempagain
        He is able to bypass tapatalk, but the VB app kicks in. Is there a way to for him to disable the vbulletin mobile suite app? He does say that the VB app works OK, but for some reason some images he can see on his PC, don't show in the app.

Does anyone know if there are different file size limits in the app?

Thanks
        Do you happen to know on what specific device this is occurring? It's possible the device's browser settings are blocking the images.

Comment

• tempagain
          • Mar 2014
          • 4.2.X

Here's his most recent comments... He seems to have the problem in private threads.

Android issues, I can't log in to members account talk at all on tapa talk. This vbulletin thing works, but doesn't show some charts in posts, like bquats stuff, where there's a paperclip symbol but nothing opens if it is touched. I know there's something there bcz it shows on a desktop. Other posts like coolhands a do show charts. Is there some other app option besides Tapatalk and vbulletin I can try? Ive done the obvious stuff like uninstalling reinstalling, deleting cache and data, and restarting the phone. Thx!
          I get kicked out of [private thread]....starting today (3/7/19). I really don't get in it for a full second b4 failure.
          Last edited by tempagain; Wed 13 Mar '19, 8:41am.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

This question is best asked of Tapatalk support. We don’’t have any knowledge of how their app works.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

The user should be able to visit your site in the browser of your choice. With a default installation of vBulletin 4, this will load the mobile style for them. They can click on the link labeled "View Full Site" at the bottom of the page to reload the full site in their mobile browser. I am not sure how useful that would be for them.

Tapatalk may install handlers that redirect your URLs to their app. If so, then they will need to uninstall the Tapatalk app from their device before the above will work.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tempagain
                • Mar 2014
                • 4.2.X

Good info, Wayne. I tried the "full site" link at the bottom of the page and unfortunately the mobile suite just loads again.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                They can click on the link labeled "View Full Site" at the bottom of the page to reload the full site in their mobile browser. I am not sure how useful that would be for them.

Comment

• tempagain
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                  This question is best asked of Tapatalk support. We don’’t have any knowledge of how their app works.
                  Mark, the question is whether there is a way to bypass the VB mobile suite and view the "full site" in a mobile browser.

As I mentioned in the prior post, when I try the "full site" link at the bottom of the forum in mobile device, it just loads the mobile suite page again.

Thanks

Comment

• tempagain
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 4.2.X

For future reference for myself, I did notice that using the "insert image" method does work, but if I attach an image to a post using the attachment method, it doesn't show in the mobile app. Both show in desktop version.
                    Last edited by tempagain; Sun 24 Mar '19, 11:06am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Tap on the post with the attachment and you should be able to see the attached files on mobile.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tempagain
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 4.2.X

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work. I tapped all over the post but nothing happens.

How about that "Full Site" issue? Tapping that just refreshes the mobile app.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

There is no Full Site link in the App as far as I am aware. It isn't programmed to do that.

There is a "Full Site" link in the Mobile Style that ships with vBulletin 4 but that is not an App.

The recommendation for the best mobile solution is to upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect. It has a style and programming that the default style works just as well on Mobile as it does on the desktop. The solution isn't tacked on like it was in vBulletin 4.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tempagain
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 4.2.X

OK. Thank you.

What is the Full Site link on VB4 mobile style supposed to do?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

Link to your default style. The default style in vBulletin 4 isn't really usable on a phone. It might work on a tablet.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...