Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick1
    • Dec 2010

Spammers?

I am having trouble with spammers who block all members login and all staff. So cant be banned for 15 mins to 30 mins. And then spam my forum. Is there anything i can do? Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

How are they blocking all members?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nick1
      • Dec 2010

I dont know. They and the staff cant login.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

You don't know why you can't log in? You don't know what the error is? Really need more details on what you're experiencing.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nick1
          • Dec 2010

When the spammers are on forum. you try and login and it keeps saying you have reached your quota and will not let you login.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Well that functionality has nothing to do with spamming. Unless you allow guests to post, which you shouldn't do, the login quota is tied to your IP address. If you're using a proxy server (i.e. Cloudflare) and do not have your system properly configured, then vBulletin doesn't know what your actual IP address is. You need to update your config.php file and set the Proxy settings at the bottom. Talk to your proxy provider / hosting provider to obtain the values you need. The part of the config.php file you need to change are these lines:

Code:
            /* #### REVERSE PROXY IP ####
            If your use a system where the main IP address passed to vBulletin is the address of a proxy server
            and the actual 'real' ip address is passed in another http header then you enter the details here
            Enter your known proxy servers here. You can list multiple trusted IPs separated by a comma.
            You can also use the * wildcard (at the end of a definition only) or use the keyword 'all' to represent any ip address.*/
            //$config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] = '127.0.0.1, 192.168.*, all';

/* If the real IP is passed in a http header variable you can set the name here; */
            //$config['Misc']['proxyipheader'] = 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR';

/* #### Force VB ALT_IP ####
            Setting this will force vBulletin to use any internally detected alternative ip as the main ip address.
            The core checks three http headers (in order) HTTP_CLIENT_IP, HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP, HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR.
            It will use the first one it finds as IPADDRESS, and the original REMOTE_ADDR as ALT_IP.
            Do not use this option unless you understand what you are doing, and the possible consequences. */
            //define('USE_VB_ALT_IP', true);
            The quickest way to try and resolve this is to simply force the Alt IP by uncommenting the last line. There is no guarantee this will work. So the other options are there.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...