PHP version 7.1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP version 7.1.0

My host as upgraded me to PHP version 7.1.0 i now cant install vBulletin 4 Forum, CMS & Blogs

We need more information in order to assist.

Are you trying to install a complete, fresh copy of the vBulletin, with no existing posts, members etc?
    If so, what is the exact error message displayed on screen?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.1 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I am trying to install a complete, fresh copy of the vBulletin 4.2.5, with no existing posts, members

This is the error i am getting
      Warning
      : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 1267

Warning: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 1267

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/init.php:119) in /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 745

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/init.php:119) in /home/steamshi/public_html/boards/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 746

Comment

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of those are just telling you that you can't use PHP 7.2 with vBulletin 4.2.5

Those are just warnings, not errors.
      Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
      Local Search Forum

Comment

Thanks i have got the host to put PHP is version 5.6.38, back on

Comment

php warnings should never be displayed on a production server. You need to ask your host to turn this off, then try php 7.1 again.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.1 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

When your host upgrades your PHP, make sure that both the mysqli and mysql_nd modules are active in PHP. These are not enabled by default on a number of distributions. They are required by vBulletin to work properly. We do not use PDO and the mysql library is obsolete.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              When your host upgrades your PHP, make sure that both the mysqli and mysql_nd modules are active in PHP. These are not enabled by default on a number of distributions. They are required by vBulletin to work properly. We do not use PDO and the mysql library is obsolete.
              Message from my server
              Hi,

These are enabled by default.

Please drop me a line if i can help you any further.

Best regards,

John R
              Support Technician
              BWF Hosting

Comment

Hmmm. Something is up then. MYSQL_NUM is only defined by the MySQLI class and used when queries are run. That it isn't defined points to the lack of a valid database connection. Or at least one that isn't working properly.

Go into your /includes/config.php and force the connection to mysqli by changing the database class at the top of the file. The code in 4.2.5 should do this automatically but maybe something is set incorrectly there.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X