X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by gnrx
    I can go back to innodb, if you advise using innodb, your best nobody knows what type of tables is the best for vbulletin.
    Actually we do know what table engine is best for vBulletin with current versions of MySQL. That is INNODB.

The database is the heart and soul of your vBulletin site. All content and user information is stored in the database. Protect the database and you protect your site. This document will go over the creation

We've recommended INNODB for almost a decade now -

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
      • Feb 2009

Like always, thanks Wayne, thank you very much!
      A few days have passed since your reply, I was reading the links that you indicate and other types of tests ...
      Well, I made a mistake, I just made the server change when I made the switch to Innodb tables, and I suffered a small problem as I mentioned before ...
      I thought it was because I had gone to innodb or it was a possibility that barajana, I missed so much because, if you had told me what better in Innodb, that should not be the problem.
      And I made a beginner mistake ...
      Despite reviewing everything, there was something on the new server that I did not check ...
      The routing tables in my new server were not correctly, and although the site worked, sometimes suffered small "problems", to that I added that, when accessing an installed plugin gave me error.
      So my previous questions if there was any repair utility, I know that in miysiam, it is not that a database is repaired, it does not, but it was a way to ask if something could have damaged its structure ...
      Nothing is further from reality.
      Once the routing tables on my server were repaired, everything went back to normal.
      And that mod that caused me that error of connection to database, the reason was that, in the configuration of my.cnf should disable "only_full_group_by".
      All the problems solved ...

That yes, I detect or give me the impression that, innodb requires more resources, and now, what I have to do, is what you mentioned earlier, or configure the server to give resources resource to mysql or find someone let me do it (if I'm not able to do it).

As always, very grateful!

Edit: I forgot, you told me that there are 3 tables that should remain in myisiam, for some specific reason?
      I guess this next question you can not answer me, I have mods installed, I was also thinking about converting your tables to innodb, I guess the answer is to ask the developers
      Last edited by gnrx; Wed 13 Feb '19, 1:27pm. Reason: update

Comment