AdSense problem after SSL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1. Click on the Ad Manager in the AdminCP.
    2. Select the location where you want the Ad.
    3. Paste your AdSense code in the HTML box for the ad.
    4. Set the requirements.
    5. Save.

You will need to whitelist your own site within your ad blocking extension in the browser.

Leave a comment:

• dimitrios
    replied
    I've set everything to https but no...

I think I chose this way to do it in order to make the ads appear where I wanted them. I was happy, up to now.

Anyway, I mean to do things the proper way.

a) Is there a step by step guide as to how to place AdSense Ads in vBulletin 4?

b) I set AdminCP > Advertising > Google AdSense to High / Text and image ads
    (was "No Google AdSense Ads") but I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. Any directions?

c) Also, when I click on Manage Ads and Add New Ad, the page won't load. Reads something like "Calls to the server are blocked by some extention".

:/

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Make sure you're calling Adsense with an HTTPS URL. Make sure you're using the new Adsense code provided by Google.

Though... implementing Adsense via Replacement Variables, isn't the proper way to do it. You should be using the Ad Manager.

Leave a comment:

• dimitrios
    started a topic [Forum] AdSense problem after SSL

AdSense problem after SSL

Hello.

I have moved my vB4 forum to SSL and it seems to work ok.

It seems there's a problem with adSense, though, but I cannot figure out what's wrong. The sure thing is that adSense ads don't appear anymore and I am not getting any revenew.

Now, the thing is that I cannot even locate the ads in the template and I'm kind of confused. I do see them in the "Replacement Variable Manager" (check attachment) but that's about it.

It's been some time when I set up all this, and I'm kind of confused now, as to where and how.

I would appreciate any directions on this.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adsense ads.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	4403390