Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't know what you mean by ip forum.

The solution is to apply the proper alternative IP location so vBulletin can record it.

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    You would have to ask your hosting provider....

127.0.0.1 is a loopback IP and only available on the machine. It isn't needed in the proxy IP list. If you're using this IP Address, it won't use a Proxy Server. In fact, there is no networking involved at all.

192.168.* isn't accessible from the internet. It is a block of IPs set aside for personal networking.
    The problem is that in the ip forum are all present
    But in the ipdada table, zeros appear
    What is the solution?

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    replied
    The problem is that in the ip forum are all present
    But in the ipdada table, zeros appear
    What is the solution?

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    replied

127.0.0.1 is a loopback IP and only available on the machine. It isn't needed in the proxy IP list. If you're using this IP Address, it won't use a Proxy Server. In fact, there is no networking involved at all.

192.168.* isn't accessible from the internet. It is a block of IPs set aside for personal networking.
    We have cloudflare

What do we do in this case?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    replied
    If you use a Proxy Server then that machine will report its IP address as the user's. To work around this, it will place the user's actual IP address in a different header. You have to tell vBulletin to track this different header to get valid IP Address information.

Code:
    /* #### REVERSE PROXY IP ####
    If your use a system where the main IP address passed to vBulletin is the address of a proxy server
    and the actual 'real' ip address is passed in another http header then you enter the details here
    Enter your known proxy servers here. You can list multiple trusted IPs separated by a comma.
    You can also use the * wildcard (at the end of a definition only) or use the keyword 'all' to represent any ip address.*/
    //$config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] = '127.0.0.1, 192.168.*, all';
    /* If the real IP is passed in a http header variable you can set the name here; */
    //$config['Misc']['proxyipheader'] = 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR';

/* #### Force VB ALT_IP ####
    Setting this will force vBulletin to use any internally detected alternative ip as the main ip address.
    The core checks three http headers (in order) HTTP_CLIENT_IP, HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP, HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR.
    It will use the first one it finds as IPADDRESS, and the original REMOTE_ADDR as ALT_IP.
    Do not use this option unless you understand what you are doing, and the possible consequences. */
    //define('USE_VB_ALT_IP', true);
    Ahaa I understand thank you
    I mean make her like this
    $ config ['Misc'] ['proxyiplist'] = '127.0.0.1, 192.168. *, all';
    And the rest too
    Delete the //

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you use a Proxy Server then that machine will report its IP address as the user's. To work around this, it will place the user's actual IP address in a different header. You have to tell vBulletin to track this different header to get valid IP Address information.

Code:
    /* #### REVERSE PROXY IP ####
    If your use a system where the main IP address passed to vBulletin is the address of a proxy server
    and the actual 'real' ip address is passed in another http header then you enter the details here
    Enter your known proxy servers here. You can list multiple trusted IPs separated by a comma.
    You can also use the * wildcard (at the end of a definition only) or use the keyword 'all' to represent any ip address.*/
    //$config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] = '127.0.0.1, 192.168.*, all';
    /* If the real IP is passed in a http header variable you can set the name here; */
    //$config['Misc']['proxyipheader'] = 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR';

/* #### Force VB ALT_IP ####
    Setting this will force vBulletin to use any internally detected alternative ip as the main ip address.
    The core checks three http headers (in order) HTTP_CLIENT_IP, HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP, HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR.
    It will use the first one it finds as IPADDRESS, and the original REMOTE_ADDR as ALT_IP.
    Do not use this option unless you understand what you are doing, and the possible consequences. */
    //define('USE_VB_ALT_IP', true);

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    replied
    Thanks, but in the forum I find all the ip and can not find any zeros.
    what does it mean?
    You can tell vBulletin which header contains the actual IP Address in your /includes/config.php file.

I did not understand this sentence.

​​​​​​​What do I do for the config.php file?
    Last edited by Alshalan; Tue 18 Dec '18, 9:55am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    0.0.0.0 would mean there is no IP. If you're behind a proxy then it is probably recording the incorrect value. You can tell vBulletin which header contains the actual IP Address in your /includes/config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    replied
    ipdata - It only records data when someone makes a post. No data is logged on log in or simple visits.
    Thanks
    I found in the table you mentioned data where zeros
    Although I am in the forum I find all the ips and works well from the first post to the last post so far.
    But what do zeros mean?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    ipdata - It only records data when someone makes a post. No data is logged on log in or simple visits.

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    replied
    Any Help?

Leave a comment:

• Alshalan
    started a topic [Forum] Help - Table Name

Help - Table Name

Hi
    I want to know the name of the IP log storage table in database?

in vBulletin 4.2.5
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...