Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gatewaycobraclub
    • Dec 2015

Images too large in display of Album

We recently moved our VB site from one host to another. All is well except how the images display in the Albums.

When you open an album, the images display in thumbnails as they should. If you click on one of the thumbnail, the image opens however it opens to full size rather than display the image at maximum screen resolution and then let it open to full size when clicked

I think it is a setting but don't know and can't find a solution.

Can anyone help with a fix

Thanks

Paul
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by gatewaycobraclub
    We recently moved our VB site from one host to another. All is well except how the images display in the Albums.

When you open an album, the images display in thumbnails as they should. If you click on one of the thumbnail, the image opens however it opens to full size rather than display the image at maximum screen resolution and then let it open to full size when clicked

I think it is a setting but don't know and can't find a solution.

Can anyone help with a fix

Thanks

Paul
    Would really need a link to see what's happening, but this isn't a setting, and even if it was, settings don't randomly change when you switch hosts, so it's more likely to be an issue with whatever your new server uses for image processing. (Imagemagick / GD).
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• gatewaycobraclub
      • Dec 2015

Mark
      The install had been set to use ImageMagick. When it moved to GoDaddy, the link wouldn't work so the setting has been changed to GD. Would changing from one processor to the other cause the problem? Still trying to troubleshoot ImageMagick on GoDaddy, hopefully we can revert to this one.

The site in question is a closed site. How to I post a username/password for you to use without giving away the keys to anyone who views the post or thread?

UPDATE: I've been able to get ImageMagick to run and it appears to be functioning as it should. I rebuilt all the thumbnails. The thumbnails display as they should, but when you click on an thumbnail, the image opens at its full size, not as an image within the limits of the forum display

This is how the Album Thumbnail page displays:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Thumbnails.PNG Views:	2 Size:	237.7 KB ID:	4402634

Click on an album and this displays:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Album.PNG Views:	2 Size:	162.5 KB ID:	4402637

Click on an image and it then displays:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Image.PNG Views:	1 Size:	576.6 KB ID:	4402635

Rather than displaying as a full image which then you could click on it to get the full size. Prior to the move, this same image would display within the limits of the window. I fyou then clicked on it, it would go to the full upload size.

? ? ?

Paul
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gatewaycobraclub; Sat 17 Nov '18, 9:46am.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

As I mentioned, this is a server configuration issue, not a vBulletin issue, and as such the support we can provide is limited. If it was working before you changed hosts, then this pretty much pins it down to a server matter. There are many thousands of potential server configurations and your host will know far more about how yours is configured than we could. We can only take guesses and even that isn't likely to be accurate. This isn't something we can fix because from the vBulletin software perspective it's not 'broken' - it was working on your previous server..

You should ensure your php and vB versions are compatible. vBulletin 4.2.5 requires a minimum of php 5.6.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment