Upgrading 4.2.3 to 4.2.5 Failed with "Unable to find Type : vBForum_IPAddress"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio61
    replied
    This is solved. changed my server from ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 and started over with mariadb database.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This would happen if you didn't run the upgrade scripts that come with vBulletin 4.2.3 and higher. How IP Address is handled was changed in vBulletin 4.2.3.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergio61
    Ok, I am on my way to do as you say.
    But I don't get it why the import skips some tables. Do you have any suggestions about that?
    That's something you would need to take up with your host - importing databases to servers is outside of our control.

Leave a comment:

• Sergio61
    replied
    Ok, I am on my way to do as you say.
    But I don't get it why the import skips some tables. Do you have any suggestions about that?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Really you need to have the entire database reimported, and then verify that the forum works as it is, before running the upgrade.
    The reason is that you now don't know whether you have an upgrade problem, or a database import problem.

Leave a comment:

• Sergio61
    replied
    Hello Mark,

Forgot to mention that I have imported all the tables one by one and still got the same error.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You mentioned this:
    "- After importing I missed tables like post and users."

There is no point proceeding with an upgrade at that point because your database is clearly incomplete.

You need to make sure you have a verifiably complete database in place.

Leave a comment:

• Upgrading 4.2.3 to 4.2.5 Failed with "Unable to find Type : vBForum_IPAddress"

I want to move my forum to a

VPS with Ubuntu 16.04
    PHP 5.6 & PHP 7.0 installed
    MySQL 5.7
    Forum 4.2.3

What I did (with PHP 5.6):

1. Downloaded the files from the FTP
    2. Put them on the new FTP server
    3. Downloaded the database
    4. Imported in PHPMyAdmin
    - After importing I missed tables like post and users.
    5. I decide to start the upgrade and uploaded the content of the "upload" folder.
    6. The upgrade didn't finish because of the error:
    At step 7 of the upgrade, it comes with the error:
    • Step 7 - Upgrade Aborted : Unable to find Type : vBForum_IPAddress
    7. I was able to enter the forum
    8. Decided to copy the missing tables to the new database.
    9. I was able to see the old posts and users.
    10. My forum hangs at 4.2.5 Beta 1 at this moment. I don't know what to do. Accessing the forum is not a problem, but when I try to write a post it says "database error" (where can I check the error exactly?), when I try to edit a post I get the error:

Invalid %1$s specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

I don't know what to do now. What is the best practice to move my forum? Why didn't the import succesfully import the table post / users and other largest tables and skipped them? I don't have a limit for importing.
    All the limits are changed in the php.ini file.
    Last edited by Sergio61; Thu 8 Nov '18, 1:51am.