4.2.5 Spam Users always register to my forum which i even use image verification.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toutatis
    • Jul 2007

4.2.5 Spam Users always register to my forum which i even use image verification.

Hello

I always shut the new registration to my forum.
    Because when i open the registration the spam users attack to my register.php file for new registration.
    They couldnt pass email verification only.

How can i fix this problem?
    They have any harmful code in my site?

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You should use Question and Answer in vBulletin 4. There may be an addon at www.vbulletin.org that provides additional options for you.

There are additional spam prevention features built into vBulletin 5 by default.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wawro
      • Oct 2018
      • 4.2.x

Try:
      1. Install GlowHost - Spam-O-Matic
      2. Turn on
      Moderate New Members
      If you enable this setting, all new users will be placed into a validation queue for you to approve before they are allowed full privileges. (You can determine what permissions these users have while they are awaiting validation by modifying the permissions for the 'Users Awaiting Moderation' group.) If you also have Verify Email Address in Registration enabled, below, the user must first verify their email address, and then they will be put into the validation queue.
      It's makes more job to you, but prevent spam users attack.

3. install New reCaptcha for Human Verification

All points above should solve yours problems.

All The Best

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...