Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Mobile Style error in Profile and Messages

Hello.
    I use vb 4.2.5, and some users report to me this error or bug (I test in my smartphone and yes, I have the same error).
    If the user click to go to Profile or Messages, direct link or go to Search, others options of the profile page work fine, but this 2 options not work.
    Attach a imagen, are in spanish, but it can view good.
    Its possible solved this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	mobile.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	4400971
    Thanks and regards!

"Doesn't work" doesn't really tell us much...what actually happens?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

If in this page, if click in Profile or Messages (the options that are in a black circle) not go to Profile or Messages, It's as if you really click on "Search".
      Can't view the profile, and can't view the messages trough this links, if click, go to search.
      If is better, I can a screenshoot of go to when click in this options.
      Regards.

Comment

What is the error returned in the browser? You may need to view the site using the mobile style on your desktop and use the developer tools that all modern browsers come with.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hello.
          Thanks Wayne Luke for your reply.
          I try / test view my site using the mobile style on my desktop, in desktop work fine, not problem.
          Is when using smartphone.
          No error returned in smartphone, only, when click in the options I was indicate, go to Search option.
          I try with others smartphones, same problem.
          All users indicate to me the same problem.
          If you want, I can indicate url, and user for login and view the problem.
          In the past, re-upload the Default Mobile Style, but continue the problem.
          Its important for me, the users they complain about this problem.

Thanks and regards.

Comment

Need to recreate the error. If the error doesn't occur on the desktop, then it is most likely due to the ancient Javascript used by the Mobile Style. Desktop browsers support many more versions of rendering issues. This style hasn't been updated for many years and is no longer under development. It is recommended to use the Mobile Suite with vBulletin 4.

For a more updated Responsive experience with vBulletin, you should look into vBulletin 5 which under continuing development.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Loading the site, it is broken in the mobile style. The page never finishes loading and that will cause problems. I never see the footer. This will cause problems. It continually tries to load these gifs called greenoak.gif, army.gif, and imp.gif. They seem to be an exploit or something. My security blocks it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Need to recreate the error. If the error doesn't occur on the desktop, then it is most likely due to the ancient Javascript used by the Mobile Style. Desktop browsers support many more versions of rendering issues. This style hasn't been updated for many years and is no longer under development. It is recommended to use the Mobile Suite with vBulletin 4.

For a more updated Responsive experience with vBulletin, you should look into vBulletin 5 which under continuing development.
                Ok, if you need, I can create a user for your for test. The error doesn't occur on the desktop.
                Yes, I know that this style hasn't benn update for many years.
                You reommended to use the Mobile Suite with vb 4. I was think that, this Mobile Suite only can use in vb 5.x, and I was think only use with app's (and I don't use app's).
                The cost of this Mobile Suite is higher for me...in this moment, I can't...
                About for a more updated responsive experience with vBulleting, indicate to me I look into vBulletin 5, but with Mobile Suite or with my actual Default Mobile Style?

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Loading the site, it is broken in the mobile style. The page never finishes loading and that will cause problems. I never see the footer. This will cause problems. It continually tries to load these gifs called greenoak.gif, army.gif, and imp.gif. They seem to be an exploit or something. My security blocks it.
                Ups, this I don't was view this error.
                I disable all hooks by config.php and now appears the footer fine. Then, the problem is one plugin/product that I have install. But with disabled hooks, the first problem that I indicate in this thread, continue, not solved.

Like indicate, I can create user for you (send details for pm) and / or what sugest to me?
                Like indicate, its important for me can use mobile style fine.

Again, t hank you very much for your attention and help.

Comment