X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tempagain
    • Mar 2014
    • 4.2.X

Users getting logged out when they click on certain links

I have been having some weird issues with members for the last month, after a temporary DNS name change that was changed back a day later. All of a sudden users are having trouble logging in, and also getting logged out and being put in guest mode after clicking on certain links.

One user today (and there are about 5 complaining: "I cleared browser and cache and restarted firefox. Problem persists. I'm logged in until I try to access my account talk thread. Then it puts me back in guest mode. I tried edge and it's even worse as it won't keep me logged in at all."

Another said this today, "What a hot mess...and inconsistent....can't log in, especially to premium threads, but not all the time....new issues on phone...when I log in....it let's me see the last thread for 2-7 seconds, then kicks me back to the previous screen on TapaTalk. Occasionally, like one of 8 times, it will let me write a reply, but when I hit the reply button - bubbye! kicks me back to the prior screen on tapatalk.

Now the computer....similar...will usually not let me log in, and when it does, and I try to write a reply - POOF!!! - it logs me out. About 80% of the time, my reply isn't posted, but sometimes it is....

This has been going on, and getting worse, for a couple weeks now.
    "

I have been working with my hosting co. and sucuri firewall folks, both of whom say they don't see any issues.

Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

We would need to know exactly what changes you made and where you made them within the software.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...