X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnrx
    • Feb 2009

Audio player in sidebar or at top

Hello.
    I insert an audio player in block of sidebar, all fine but...when the user change the page, the mp3 stop and start again from point 0.

I wantm if it's possible, made the audio player not stop-start when user change the page.

I view in some sites (sorrys, now I don't have any for example) that have the audio player at top, and when change the page, not have this problem.

I try to add the code for audioplayer in templates header and headerinclude, but I have the same problem, when change the page, stop and start again.

Thanks in advanced.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by gnrx
    Hello.
    I insert an audio player in block of sidebar, all fine but...when the user change the page, the mp3 stop and start again from point 0.

I wantm if it's possible, made the audio player not stop-start when user change the page.

I view in some sites (sorrys, now I don't have any for example) that have the audio player at top, and when change the page, not have this problem.

I try to add the code for audioplayer in templates header and headerinclude, but I have the same problem, when change the page, stop and start again.

Thanks in advanced.
    That's because the page reloads whenever you change pages.

What you want would require custom coding to achieve. It's unlikely to be a trivial exercise.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• gnrx
      • Feb 2009

Ups...Yes, I think the same, custom coding to achieve...its unlikely to be a trivial exercise...but its important for me...
      Continue search in google for if view some tip, if some user can help...thanks in advanced!

Regards!

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

You can use something like this HTML5 based code but this is not supported by vBulletin.com

Build an HTML5 Audio Player Before HTML5 arrived on the scene, there was no standard for playing audio files on a web page. Therefore, the only way to

If you edit the preloader per the instructions it will remain playing even when navigating between pages.

Comment

• gnrx
          • Feb 2009

Yes, I know that, this isn't supported by vBulletin.com, but for if some user can help me...

I go to your link, I view preloaders options, I try with all (actually, I have audioplayer in block/sidebar) but not, not work, always start again.

Thanks for your reply and help!!

Comment