X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterClem
    • May 2018
    • 4.2.x

Move Items from Database into File System

hello, my problem is that after moving the attachments in the filesystem, created a special folder, loaded everything and completed the process correctly, I still do not see the attachments in my forum and don't can to upload attachments.
    All this because yesterday I moved my forum from one server to another. In both forums the problem is the same.
    How can I do?
  • djbaxter
    • Aug 2006

Go to AdminCP >> Attachments >> Storage Type >> Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at

Check that the location shown there is the correct folder and that the folder is readable and writable (0755).

What do you mean by

created a special folder, loaded everything
    Didn't the folder and its contents get moved over when you transferred the site to the new server? You shouldn't need to create a new folder or "load" anything.

Get the correct folder from the setting in the first line above and make sure that the permissions are correct (0755).
    Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
    Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• MasterClem
      • May 2018
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by djbaxter
      Go to AdminCP >> Attachments >> Storage Type >> Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at

Check that the location shown there is the correct folder and that the folder is readable and writable (0755).

What do you mean by

Didn't the folder and its contents get moved over when you transferred the site to the new server? You shouldn't need to create a new folder or "load" anything.

Get the correct folder from the setting in the first line above and make sure that the permissions are correct (0755).
      Having two vbulletin licenses, I backed up my forum database last week, and installed the first forum content on a second forum, with new domain and new vbulletin license.
      Everything seemed fine, but then I realized that both the first forum and the second forum had no attachments.
      The second forum I had created, now no longer exists, I deleted it.
      Now I have to solve the problems that occurred on my first forum that I will list:
      - the attachments are no longer visible.
      - the attachments can no longer be loaded
      - users who register are not displayed on the forum home page in statistics (Welcome to our last user)
      - the forum, especially the home page, appears to be very slow in the process of loading the page.
      - I can no longer change the registration method for new users from the admincp panel

All these problems were born after having backed up the forum and database and installed it in the second forum that I repeat today does not exist anymore!

Now I followed your procedure and going in Attachments tell: Attachments are currently being stored in the Database,but I contunuo not to see them and I continue to have the same problems that I have described above.

Thank in adv for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...