X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enduroforum
    • Nov 2017

[Forum] Disable Image Updload but keep thumbnails-option

Hi

I am running vBulletin 4.2.3 Patch Level 1.
    When setting
    Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> No
    users can only link to images on other servers which is what I want. But: Images get inserted with in full size. If
    Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> Yesusers can check the box for loading the image and storing it on the server. As a result of this, the actual image shows up as a thumbnail in the post.

I would like to disable the image upload function but keep the option of showing the image as a thumbnail in the post.

Any chance to achieve this?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by enduroforum
    Hi

I am running vBulletin 4.2.3 Patch Level 1.
    When setting
    Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> No
    users can only link to images on other servers which is what I want. But: Images get inserted with in full size. If
    Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> Yesusers can check the box for loading the image and storing it on the server. As a result of this, the actual image shows up as a thumbnail in the post.

I would like to disable the image upload function but keep the option of showing the image as a thumbnail in the post.

Any chance to achieve this?
    Sorry, there's no way to do that. Thumbnails are specific to uploaded images.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• enduroforum
      • Nov 2017

Well... not entirely… I guess.
      When Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> Yes I have the option of linking to an externally hosten image AND get a thumbnail.
      "Simply" removing the first tab of the "Insert Image Popup" would be an option...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...