• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsk8
    • Jun 2003
    • 4.2.x

Display limit on sub-forums?

Hi all!

For some reason, my display order for sub-forums is not showing up properly. See below corresponding numbers. Even though I'm trying to number them to 17, and it "saves" it really doesn't save. Is 15 a limit? Note how they are also not in "order" even after I've tried repeatedly? 2011-12 through present show up correctly and I double checked to make sure I wasn't missing a number.

2009-10 Figure Skating archives 10

2008-09 Figure Skating archives 11

2007-08 Figure Skating archives 12

2004-05 Figure Skating archives 13

2006-07 Figure Skating archives 13

2005-06 Figure Skating archives 14

2003-04 Figure Skating archives 14

2002-03 Figure Skating archives 15
    Paula
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

I've had far more than 15 sub-forums before. I've had 32 several times. You have a different issue. It's pretty much impossible to know what that issue is without having someone look.

It's possibly a modification you have installed like "depth of sub-forums"

Comment

• gsk8
      • Jun 2003
      • 4.2.x

I fixed it Had to manually go into each sub-forum and change the display order there instead of just changing the numbers down the list. Not sure why that wouldn't work...
      Paula

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by gsk8
        I fixed it Had to manually go into each sub-forum and change the display order there instead of just changing the numbers down the list. Not sure why that wouldn't work...
        If you have a lot of forums, the system can be running up against memory limits while processing that array. It will try to update the display order of every single forum. This can cause weird things to happen.

When you edit them one at a time, it only updates that record and uses less memory.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...