Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budget101
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

[CMS] Can't Edit Section Information- ?!

When I edit an existing section Information page for the Main Homepage Only- try to change a name or the layout or the content columns, etc when I hit apply or save I receive the following error:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing."

It's the only place on the site that returns this, I can create new sections, add articles, edit any other existing section, but I get locked out of editing the Home-page section. Any ideas guys?
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

It might be an ad blocker. Or a browser privacy setting. Make sure cookies and javascript are allowed on all the pages of your URL.

You can also get around this by a hard refresh of the page (F5).

Comment

• Budget101
      Budget101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply. :-) I tried your suggestions but I don't use an adblocker at all and the hard refresh didn't seem to help. I'm experiencing this on only the Homepage Section, not on any other section. I can literally change any other section settings- Except this one.

The issue occurs in Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari. I even flushed my DNS cache in case it was my IP.

This is So ODD.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Try enabling debug mode and see if it generates an error specific to the actions you are taking.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Make sure you are not using PHP 7.2.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Budget101
        • Jul 2008
        • 3.7.x

I'm using php 5.6, the debug didn't show any errors. The only thing at all that comes up is :

A parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/lib...n-min.js?v=422, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.

Which doesn't seems to affect the other sections at all. There's literally no difference. It just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Go to the AdminCP -> Settings -> Server Settingas and Optimization Options -> Use Remote JQUERY and set to None. Save the page.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Budget101
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Go to the AdminCP -> Settings -> Server Settingas and Optimization Options -> Use Remote JQUERY and set to None. Save the page.
            Thank you Wayne, I tried that, no love. Same error, "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing."

Comment

• Budget101
              • Jul 2008
              • 3.7.x

In the browser errors I can see the following:

Code:
              A parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/yui/2.9.0/build/connection/connection-min.js?v=422, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Remote YUI. Set to None.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...