Where to Insert AdSense Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Insert AdSense Code

Hey all. Have been trying to get AdSense ads to work on my website...and so far have only been able to get them to work in the header area of the home page (mostly)...no luck getting ads working in other positions and other areas of the site.

Would like to get ads also working on the home page in the:

- Footer
    - Right margin
    - Other positions too.

Also would like to get adds working on other pages/areas of website subpages such as :

- sub-forum groups
    - indivdual sub-forums
    - individual threads

Also in the header, footer, and right margin areas.

Would like to know where I need to insert the AdSense code to get the ads working in other areas of the Home Page...and other areas of the site.

Thanks

First, have you tried AdminCP >> Advertising?

If that doesn't do the trick, AdminCP >> Styles and Templates >> Style Manager >> {your style} >> Edit Templates >> Ad Templates

Choose one of the ad locations and add your code.
    Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
    Local Search Forum

Comment

Hello DJ...thank you for posting. Yes...I have tried both of those things...no luck. Both of those ideas would seem simple enough...not sure why either of those areas is not getting things done.

The only ad that I've got working so far...was when I added the AdSense code to the bottom of the "headinclude" template...which I don't even think is an Ad template. But it worked. Got the suggestion from someone.

If I could get that sort of suggestion for other templates to add the code to for other parts of the pages...and other areas of the site...that would help a lot.

But would REALLY like to figure out why tadding the code in the "Ad Manager" in the AdminCP...and why adding the code to the Ad specific templetes is not working.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry. I can''t tell you - it could be any number of things. Try using the default vBulletin style and see what happens. Try disabling your plugins to see if something is interfering.

The fact that adding the code to headinclude works doesn't even make sense to me. Where do those ads appear?

Something is weird about your setup, your theme, or your hosting.,

Or.... your browser? Does it occur in all browsers? Which one are you using? Do you have any adblockers running?
        Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
        Local Search Forum

Comment

Thanks again DJ for helping.

Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
          The fact that adding the code to headinclude works doesn't even make sense to me. Where do those ads appear?
          They appear in the header area of most of the pages.

Or.... your browser? Does it occur in all browsers? Which one are you using?
          Very very good question. I use a combination of browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox)...and I have at least three computer's within arm's reach...each with a different OS version..and in some cases different browser versions. The ads in the header (Global setting) in the ad manager...and also where I inserted the ad code in the haedinclude template...are showing up in most places.

Haven't been able to get any ads to show up in the footer area of the home page. I'm getting sporatic success of ads showing up within threads.

Do you have any adblockers running?
          Another very good question. I do normally have ad-blockers running...but in this case all ad-blockers have been turned off or uninstalled.

Thanks for the help...if you have more thoughts or ideas (even if they seem unlikely or crazy-wild ideas)...please post them and I will answer or investigate.

Comment

When we were on v4 we had adverts in the header, footer, nav bar and between posts also on individual forums. Many were done with the ad settings which should work for you, all the info for placing other ads came from vBulletin.org and involved direct editing of the templates, worth searching on there if you are a member.

Sadly when we moved to v5 I deleted all the links I had to the various instructions. Wish I'd kept them now as they would have helped you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
              When we were on v4 we had adverts in the header, footer, nav bar and between posts also on individual forums. Many were done with the ad settings which should work for you, all the info for placing other ads came from vBulletin.org and involved direct editing of the templates, worth searching on there if you are a member.

Sadly when we moved to v5 I deleted all the links I had to the various instructions. Wish I'd kept them now as they would have helped you.
              Thanks MrsTiggywinkle.

Yes I am a member over at vBulletin.org. The instructions you mentioned (direct editing of templates) would be super-duper awesome if I can find them (I will do some searching there). If you happen to find ANY info that would help...PLEASE let me know. Been racking my brain trying to solve this issue for about 2 weeks now. Basically the longer this takes...the more ad revenue I'm losing.

Thanks again.

Comment

I found one old link: http://codesprints.blogspot.com/2012...vbulletin.html

but PLEASE be careful. Copy everything you are going to change and save it, so that in the event it goes wrong you can easily put it back!

I honestly can't remember if this is one that I actually used, but it was bookmarked.

Try it at your own risk!!

Comment

Thank you MrsTiggywinkle. Will try with caution. Yes...I try to be as careful as possible...and always try to copy the old stuff if the new stuff doesn't work out. Thanks for the link & the reminder.

Comment

Working...
                  X