X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insidethehall
    • Oct 2012
    • 4.2.X

What to look for in a VB host?

My current host is no longer going to support hosting VB and is only going to allow Wordpress installs on its platform. So I need to move my VB 4.2.5 install to another host. This is a bit overwhelming for me and I'm not sure where to start.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what to look for? This forum I have has a lot of paid subscriptions and reliability is a huge factor for me. I believe the forum gets about 2-3 million page views per year. No plugins or customizations are installed.

I'm currently already running PHP 7.0 on a Linux Server. I believe my version of MYSQL is 5.6.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • djbaxter
    • Aug 2006

I was having hosting problems earlier this year and after some research I finally discovered Hivelocity on a recommendation from another forum owner. I cannot say enough positive things about them. Stable hosting and really superb support. Just Google the name.

Update: I just checked and it appears that HiVelocity only does dedicated servers now. I've heard very good things about https://www.knownhost.com/ though.
    Last edited by djbaxter; Mon 2 Jul '18, 6:13pm.
    Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
    Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...