Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigrover
    • May 2010

MSIE 11 no longer displaying some images

I learned today that MSIE 11 on Windows 10 is not displaying most images on our site. The images with issues appear to be attachments. Images in footers, avatars, etc are displaying. Everything works in Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge. After getting the report I went back and checked MSIE 11 on Windows 7 and it failed to display the same images. I have tried compatibility mode with no success. I was using MSIE 11 as recently as three months ago and didn't see this issue. Did I miss some change?
    Just getting started... Your patience is appreciated.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This happens if you switched to HTTPS and you are referencing static content like images via HTTP. You will need to go through your style and update it to reference the images properly using HTTPS. Old inline attachments may need their posts edited and resaved before they appear again due to vBulletin 4.X's caching system.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bigrover
      • May 2010

Thank you. Looking back on it we transitioned to HTTPS after I had been doing some testing with MSIE 11. I hadn't been back in that app since that time. Now I know the cause and where to fix it. How is it the other browsers are unaffected by the change?
      Just getting started... Your patience is appreciated.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

It will depend on the user's settings on the browser. All browsers have an option to continue loading insecure items buried deep in their settings.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment