• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mermaid
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Youtube embed in post with URL link beneath the video

We have 4.2.3

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a custom bbcode that will embed a Youtube video, and also show the URL as a link beneath the embed.

If so please what would I need to put in the replacement filed for the BBcode

Many thanks

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This would require custom code to achieve.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mermaid
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.6.x

Yes, I realise that. It's the custom code I'm asking about.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

We don't provide assistance with custom code as the support team are not coders. Your best bet is to engage a third party coder. You can try asking on www.vbulletin.org.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mermaid
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.6.x

Ok, but there is a section in vbulletin Admin called custom bbcode, I don't expecct vBulletin to help, I was asking here as maybe some other users know how to configure this quite basic aspect of the software. (I wasn't aware that v4 was still supported so I'm not expecting suppot from the developers anyway)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

This would be tough to recreate in a Custom BBCode. For some unknown reason, you're limited to 200 characters in the replacement HTML. This would probably take more than that since you have to use an iFrame and additional HTML. You might look into editing the existing YouTube embed replacement in the file /includes/xml/bbcode_video_vbulletin.xml. Once you have edited this, you would then have to put your forums in Debug Mode and go to the AdminCP and choose "Rebuild" and then select "Rebuild Video BBCodes".
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

P.S. The Link content type in vBulletin 5 does something similar to what you're asking already.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• djbaxter
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                This would be tough to recreate in a Custom BBCode. For some unknown reason, you're limited to 200 characters in the replacement HTML. This would probably take more than that since you have to use an iFrame and additional HTML. You might look into editing the existing YouTube embed replacement in the file /includes/xml/bbcode_video_vbulletin.xml. Once you have edited this, you would then have to put your forums in Debug Mode and go to the AdminCP and choose "Rebuild" and then select "Rebuild Video BBCodes".
                I don't see a Rebuild Video BBCodes option in vB 4.2.5. Nor do I see Debug Mode.

How do you enter Debug mode and if you do that do different maintenance options appear that weren't there in regular mode?

Updated:

Found the answer about Debug mode via Google.

Debug Mode

When developing for vBulletin or troubleshooting issues, you often have to enter Debug Mode. Debug Mode provides you with more information about how vBulletin runs some examples include: page generation times, templates used on a page, the memory used on a page and how many queries it took to generate the page. Debug Mode should not be used on a live production site unless absolutely necessary. It can expose information that could weaken security on your site. Note:
                The config file is located in your includes directory.

Entering Debug Mode
                To do this, you need to edit your config.php file and add the following line: $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;

This line of code can be anywhere in the file after the <?php and outside of a comment. Once done, save the file and overwrite the copy on your server.

Turning off Debug Mode
                Edit your config.php file and remove the above line of code or comment it out by placing two slashes ('//') in front of it. Save the file and overwrite the copy stored on your server.
                Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment