• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsk8
    • Jun 2003
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Working with multiple paid subscriptions - need assistance

Hey folks!

So I have a forum based on sporting events. For each event there is a forum or subforum. I want to incorporate a small fee for participation in these forums, however, we are talking well over 20 events. What is the easiest way to set this up?

I currently have one in place where users can purchase an "all season pass", but many cannot afford a big amount all at once and/or would prefer to pay for access for the events they want.

Any advise on how to do this without creating 20-some new usergroups would be greatly appreciated!
    Paula
  • gsk8
    • Jun 2003
    • 4.2.x

Anyone?
    Paula

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The proper way would be to create a usergroup for each subscription. However in vBulletin 4.2.X, you should be able to assign access masks through a subscription. Access masks are a method of overriding Usergroup Permissions on a user by user basis.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-14_12-14-57.png
Views:	28
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	4391435

note: access masks have been removed from vBulletin 5 due to complications with managing this functionality.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 14 May '18, 11:15am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gsk8
        • Jun 2003
        • 4.2.x

Thanks Wayne! I'm not sure exactly how to set this up. I have three different subscriptions I want to use.

The first is already in play and allows members to use certain features of VB, i.e. custom title, more PM storage, etc.

I want this first group to have ALL-Access to about 25 different competition forums as well.

The second subscription I want to set for a cheaper level and allow just access to those 25 sub-forums

The third is going to be complicated. I want to allow members to pay for the 25 sub-forums individually as the competition takes place in case they don't want an All season pass.

What's the easiest way to do this?
        Paula

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

For the first subscription you will create a new usergroup and give the group the permissions you want. Check the 25 forums in the paid subscription page.

For the second subscription, you will just need to check the 25 forums that you want to give access to.

The third subscription isn't possible. You would need a paid subscription for every forum. Just give access to the forum(s) that the subscription covers.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gsk8
            • Jun 2003
            • 4.2.x

Thanks Wayne! I was afraid of option #3 not working. Many of our members can't afford $10-15 for a season pass, so our moderators suggested allowing them to pay a smaller fee ($1) for the ones they wanted to participate in.
            Paula

Comment

• gsk8
              • Jun 2003
              • 4.2.x

Currently, when someone who does not have access to a paid subscription thread, they see "There are no posts in this forum". How do I change that to read something to the effect they need to be a paid subscriber and provide a link?

Thanks!
              Paula

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Translate the phrase "There are no posts in this forum." You can use HTML within the phrases.

Languages & Phrases -> Search Phrases.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...