Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matan98
    • Dec 2017

[Forum] System problem after uploading backup - vbulletin 4.2.4

I uploaded the files of my site anew, and I came across a number of issues, the following are the images:

how to fix it?
    thanks!
  • motd2
    • Jun 2010
    • 3.8.x

4.2.4 not compatible with PHP 7

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

You need to either downgrade to PHP 5.6.x or upgrade to VB 4.2.5.

Comment

• Matan98
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Joe D.
        You need to either downgrade to PHP 5.6.x or upgrade to VB 4.2.5.
        hi, thank you it's a working! now I upgrading to version 5.4.1 and it's show me error:

PHP Code:
        An error has occurred with your databasePlease contact vBulletin Support for assistanceModuleinstallStep 3 Database Error:1709 Index column size too largeThe maximum column size is 767 bytesQueryCREATE TABLE adminmessage adminmessageid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENTvarname varchar(250NOT NULL DEFAULT ''dismissable SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'script varchar(50NOT NULL DEFAULT ''action varchar(20NOT NULL DEFAULT ''execurl MEDIUMTEXTmethod enum('get','post'NOT NULL DEFAULT 'post'dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'status enum('undone','done','dismissed'NOT NULL default 'undone'statususerid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'args MEDIUMTEXTPRIMARY KEY (adminmessageid), KEY script_action (scriptaction), KEY varname (varname) ) ENGINE InnoDB Scriptinstall Step
        how fix it?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Hello,

I would strongly advise restoring to the backup you took before upgrading to VB 5.4.1 and first upgrading to VB 4.2.5 to make sure everything is working first. Make sure the blog and CMS product are enabled. Make sure you know you will lose all style customization and all add-ons/plugins if you upgrade to VB 5.4.x.

If you still want to upgrade to VB 5.4.1 after getting VB 4.2.5 working it would seem the database error is from a misconfiguration with the database. See this link for some info that may help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...e-is-767-bytes

Also before upgrading from VB 4.x to VB 5.x make sure the default database coalitions match whatever was being used on the VB 4.x database. If the default character coalitions are different the upgrade will be unstable and cause constant errors even if it does finish. This really isn't an issue when going from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5 however.

Comment

• Matan98
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Joe D.
            Hello,

I would strongly advise restoring to the backup you took before upgrading to VB 5.4.1 and first upgrading to VB 4.2.5 to make sure everything is working first. Make sure the blog and CMS product are enabled. Make sure you know you will lose all style customization and all add-ons/plugins if you upgrade to VB 5.4.x.

If you still want to upgrade to VB 5.4.1 after getting VB 4.2.5 working it would seem the database error is from a misconfiguration with the database. See this link for some info that may help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...e-is-767-bytes

Also before upgrading from VB 4.x to VB 5.x make sure the default database coalitions match whatever was being used on the VB 4.x database. If the default character coalitions are different the upgrade will be unstable and cause constant errors even if it does finish. This really isn't an issue when going from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5 however.
            Hello, first thanks you!
            I decided to stay with VB4 because VB5 doesn't satisfy my needs.
            How can I delete all the threads, comments and users from the system (reseting them to 0) but not delete the additions and the design?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

In the Admin CP you have tools such as Admin CP -> Threads & Posts -> Prune (which will allow mass deletion of threads) and Admin CP -> Users -> Prune/Move Users which will allow the mass deletion of users.

Note- if you try to delete too many threads or users at one time you will overwhelm the system, you will need to cut back on the number you are deleting at any one time if you get an error.

Comment