X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaiinbowEyes
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Notification emails won't stop for a user

I have a user on my forum who keeps getting email notifications for threads- despite her deleting all of her subscriptions in the User CP. She changed the notification settings to not subscribe as well, and I verified this in the Admin CP. I even deleted all of her subscriptions via the Admin CP, in case it didn't "take" when she did it for some reason. She is still getting emails from the threads she had posted in. Is there any way to fix this? Running on vB version 4.2.3
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Log into the Admin CP and in the menu with all the info like PHP version and MySQL version. the last option is Number of Queued E-Mails, is it greater than zero? If so you still have old emails in the queue being sent. It will take a while for her changes to be noticeable because you may have emails from a week ago (for example) still being sent. Subscription emails don't sent immediately (unlike registration emails) and will be held in the queue until they are processed in the default VB4 setup.

Comment

• RaiinbowEyes
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
      Log into the Admin CP and in the menu with all the info like PHP version and MySQL version. the last option is Number of Queued E-Mails, is it greater than zero? If so you still have old emails in the queue being sent. It will take a while for her changes to be noticeable because you may have emails from a week ago (for example) still being sent. Subscription emails don't sent immediately (unlike registration emails) and will be held in the queue until they are processed in the default VB4 setup.
      I looked, and queued e-mails are at 0. Thank you for the response, though. Any other ideas or things I could check?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Are you sure she isn't a moderator or not set to receive copies of posts in the Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> (any forum) -> Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post or Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...