Strange problems with templates / advertising / styles and admin user...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnrx
    • Feb 2009

[Forum] Strange problems with templates / advertising / styles and admin user...

Hello.
    In the first time, I don't know if its better posted this doubs in some threads or all in this threads, because, are some problems but all, about the same, I'm explain:

In the last years, I reconfigured all my ads (by adsense) in my forum (for the new code of automatics ads).

Well, I view or I have or I don't know how indicate my problems:

1.- I have configured with new code for automatic ads by adsense, now, I view that google ad more adds between posts, between threads ... but this news ads only I view if I login with regular user, if logout and login with my admin user, don't view this news ads... strange...I review all config and permissions of my admin user, not view any strange...but I search a solution of this of a lot days ago but I don't view what are the problem...

2.- I add my code of blocks adsense in my template Default Mobile Syte, by: adminpc-styles and templates-manage styles-edit templates and edit the Ad Location Templates...
    Not appears any ad with navigate with my smartphone. I try some differents blocks of adsense, and in differents templates of Ad Location Templates of this style...but nothing work...any ad appears...
    Only I can appears adsense if I add the new automatic code of adsense in this style...
    with these two previous problems, I've been working, looking for the problem, trying to solve it for many days, and I already consider it impossible, I think it's going to blow my mind ...

3.- This problem is new for me since yesterday:
    So far, I had some ads set up in admincp-advertising, although I know that what he does is edit the corresponding templates...
    Well, for to have better control, I have chosen to delete all ads in this section of admincp, and add them directly to the templates (default style-edit templates-Ad Location Templates).
    All works but...if I add a google adsense code in templates ad_thread_first_post_content and ad_thread_last_post_content, not work...not work, not appears any... only can appears if add this google adsense code by admincp-advertising...but if deleted this ads in admincp-adverstising and add this code direct in this templates, not work...
    I think that today I will not continue because I do not see ...

Thanks in advanved.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) Ads have viewing permissions. You can view these in the Ad Manager in the AdminCP. As an Admin, you shouldn't need to view your ads. This also prevents you from clicking on them and getting kicked out of the Adsense program.

2) Smartphones use a different style in vBulletin 4. You'll need to edit the Default Mobile Style to place Ads there as well.

3) You really should use the Ad Manager in vBulletin 4 for the best options when placing Ads. Editing the templates the directly will depend on your coding and knowing vBulletin's IF conditional system for them to work properly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gnrx
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      1) Ads have viewing permissions. You can view these in the Ad Manager in the AdminCP. As an Admin, you shouldn't need to view your ads. This also prevents you from clicking on them and getting kicked out of the Adsense program.
      No, this new code for google adsense not insert in Ad Manager in the AdminCP, this new code is insert in header template. This news adds I don't view like admin user (yes with regular user). I understand that, have permissions for prevent for clicking...but I like view the adds for view all works fine.
      But I indicate above, this news adds aren't configured under Ad Manager, is a new code of google adsense (automatics adds) that are insert in header template.

2) Smartphones use a different style in vBulletin 4. You'll need to edit the Default Mobile Style to place Ads there as well.
      Yes, I know that I need edit de Default Mobile Style, in this style, I edit my templates with de adsense code, but not appear any add (only if I add the new automatic code of adsense).

3) You really should use the Ad Manager in vBulletin 4 for the best options when placing Ads. Editing the templates the directly will depend on your coding and knowing vBulletin's IF conditional system for them to work properly.
      Yes, I use the Ad Manager and if ad my code in Ad Manager works fine, appear the adds, but if ad this code direct in Ad templates, not appears...

Thanks and regards!

Comment

• djbaxter
        • Aug 2006

You are talking about the new (in 2018) Google Auto AdSense ads -> Google decides where to place the ads on your pages and how many ads to display.

Most forum owners who have tried Auto AdSense have not liked them. It seems you are one of them. Go back to the standard AdSense code.
        Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
        Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• gnrx
          • Feb 2009

Yes, new (2018) Google auto adsense ads.
          But my problem in my above post is with standard Adsense code (except that: like admin, not view all ads buyt with regular user yes) this last, is about the new google auto adsense ads.

Regards.

Comment