Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluetiereign
    • Nov 2004

View Permissions for New Thread Widget

I don't want every new post showing up in the new thread widget for all users, but can't find how to turn it off. Even though they unable to navigate to the post, I don't like the idea of having members thinking they aren't welcome, by directing them to a 'you don't have permission to view this page'. There are just some areas that not everyone needs to access and that some members should be able to post without having it showing up as a new post to people who don't need to see it. Thank you.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This widget should only show users the topics they are allowed to see based on their usergroup permissions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bluetiereign
      • Nov 2004

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, this is not the case for me. All groups but 2 have have been set to All No in permissions, but even the guests can see the post in the Recent Thread widget. Granted, they can't actually get to the thread, but I'd really like to not have it show up for people that that can't get to it.

You should not see The Test Thread listed.
      Last edited by Bluetiereign; Tue 13 Mar '18, 12:00pm. Reason: Offer the link

Comment

• Bluetiereign
        • Nov 2004

The New Forum Posts works fine when on the forum side. The Recent Threads in the portal is not. Could a template be borked ? I just feel like I've got a setting I'm missing.

Nevermind. Just going to use a different one that does the same thing. Thank you.l
        Last edited by Bluetiereign; Tue 13 Mar '18, 7:37pm. Reason: Resolved

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Is your portal using default vBulletin widgets or is it from a third-party addon?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bluetiereign
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Is your portal using default vBulletin widgets or is it from a third-party addon?
            I was wondering the same thing Mr. Luke. We're customers from waaaay back. This is actually the second license for this website. When the original owner passed, I had to buy my own licence. Somewhere in there, I installed vPortal's software until vBulletin offered the portal option. I might have installed a widget with the coding from there (or from elsewhere), but I'm old and have slept since then, so I just don't remember. I know that the Recent Forum Posts widget that I'm using now does exactly what I wanted from the other one to do without problem, so something was hinky with the other one. Anyway, thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...