X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sulcitano
    • Feb 2018
    • 4.2.x

forum is very slow

Hi, I'm looking for help, my forum is very slow, 30 seconds and more to open a page, I've contacted the hosting say it's not their problem
    thanls
  • djbaxter
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by sulcitano
    I've contacted the hosting say it's not their problem
    The age-old cycle: The host says it's not their problem. vBulletin says it's a server problem. Meanwhile, your problem continues to exist...

But to be fair, you've provided almost no information about the problem that would allow anyone to help.

1. What version of vBulletin are you running?

2. What type of hosting are you using? Shared? VPS? Dedicated?

3. What/how many products do you have installed? What happens if you disable them?

4. Are you using a custom style? If so, does the problem persist if you use the default style?

5. Is it just slow or do you get any error message? Is it timing out ever and not posting at all?

6. Have you tried a different browser? What is your default browser?

Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
    Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• sulcitano
      • Feb 2018
      • 4.2.x

djbaxter thanks for answering me

1. What version of vBulletin are you running? 4.2

2. What type of hosting are you using? Shared? VPS? Dedicated? Shared

3. What/how many products do you have installed? What happens if you disable them? i never tray I do not know what I should disable

4. Are you using a custom style? If so, does the problem persist if you use the default style? Animated ArenaBlue, with the Default Style it is the same (very slow)

5. Is it just slow or do you get any error message? Is it timing out ever and not posting at all? no error messager just he he take 30 second or more

6. Have you tried a different browser? What is your default browser? Mozilla

thank so much for you Help

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

On a properly configured server with sufficient resources, vBulletin 4 will run fine. We have many thousands of customers using it without issue, so for your host to say it's not their problem isn't very helpful.

Try this:

To disable the plugin/hook system open your config.php which can be found in your forumroot/includes directory

Just below
        Code:
        <?php
        enter
        Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        Save this and upload it back to the server.

Do you still have the same problem?
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• sulcitano
          • Feb 2018
          • 4.2.x

Hi Mark, you can find a trusted person (even paying) that can repair my forum, I do not understand much, I had a webmaster but the poor and deceased
          thank you

Comment

• djbaxter
            • Aug 2006

djbaxter thanks for answering me

1. What version of vBulletin are you running? 4.2
            The latest? 4.2.5?

2. What type of hosting are you using? Shared? VPS? Dedicated? Shared
            vBulletin simply does not run very well on most shared hosting. The servers are oversold and there just aren't enough resources allocated to run vBulletin properly. You'll find things work better on even a small VPS. If you can't afford to upgrade your hosting, consider asking for recommendations for other hosting where they provide better resources.

3. What/how many products do you have installed? What happens if you disable them? i never tray I do not know what I should disable

4. Are you using a custom style? If so, does the problem persist if you use the default style? Animated ArenaBlue, with the Default Style it is the same (very slow)

5. Is it just slow or do you get any error message? Is it timing out ever and not posting at all? no error messager just he he take 30 second or more

6. Have you tried a different browser? What is your default browser? Mozilla
            That shouldn't be an issue. I have used Firefox for years without issue.

Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
            Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...