X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 9thsspzd@gmail.com
    • Feb 2018
    • 4.2.x

Forum Descriptions on vb 4.2.5

I've looked up and down on this style manager and I cant find the area that im looking for. The style that I installed on my forum doesnt have the forum description showing under each forum. You have to literally hover your mouse over the forum name, and a seperate little box will show up with forum description. I dont like this feature and I just want the description to automatically show under each forum title. Is this something that has to be coded in ? IF so, could anyone shed some light on what this code could be ? If it is too complicated, can anyone suggest a place where I can request coding be performed to compensation ? Thanks. Below I will leave my WIP forum, so you can see exactly what I'm referring to for yourself.

REMOVETHIShttp://vbulletin.panzergrenadiers.com/REMOVETHIS
  • Pogo
    • May 2001

Open the template forumhome_forumbit_level1_post.

Search for the code that looks similar to
    Code:
    <div class="datacontainer">
                        <div class="titleline">
                            <h2 class="forumtitle"><a href="{vb:link forum, {vb:raw forum}}">{vb:raw forum.title}</a></h2>
                            <vb:if condition="$show['browsers']"><span class="viewing">({vb:raw forum.browsers} {vb:rawphrase viewing})</span></vb:if>
                        </div>
    After that add the following code.
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="$show['forumdescription']"><p class="forumdescription">{vb:raw forum.description}</p></vb:if>
    This is just to give you an idea what and where to change/add code.
    Perhaps you need to check and modify the other forumhome_forumbit_level* templates as well if necessary.

And you want to remove the current description display...however this may be done.
    this is my sig

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...