No announcement yet.

Forum Descriptions on vb 4.2.5

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Descriptions on vb 4.2.5

I've looked up and down on this style manager and I cant find the area that im looking for. The style that I installed on my forum doesnt have the forum description showing under each forum. You have to literally hover your mouse over the forum name, and a seperate little box will show up with forum description. I dont like this feature and I just want the description to automatically show under each forum title. Is this something that has to be coded in ? IF so, could anyone shed some light on what this code could be ? If it is too complicated, can anyone suggest a place where I can request coding be performed to compensation ? Thanks. Below I will leave my WIP forum, so you can see exactly what I'm referring to for yourself.

Open the template forumhome_forumbit_level1_post.

Search for the code that looks similar to
    <div class="datacontainer">
                        <div class="titleline">
                            <h2 class="forumtitle"><a href="{vb:link forum, {vb:raw forum}}">{vb:raw forum.title}</a></h2>
                            <vb:if condition="$show['browsers']"><span class="viewing">({vb:raw forum.browsers} {vb:rawphrase viewing})</span></vb:if>
    After that add the following code.
    <vb:if condition="$show['forumdescription']"><p class="forumdescription">{vb:raw forum.description}</p></vb:if>
    This is just to give you an idea what and where to change/add code.
    Perhaps you need to check and modify the other forumhome_forumbit_level* templates as well if necessary.

And you want to remove the current description display...however this may be done.
    this is my sig