500 server error when I try to run the upgrade script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 server error when I try to run the upgrade script

Before you say, "Server error - you must contact your host" please read ON...

vB 4.2.5 Suite
    PHP 7.1

Everything else on the server works - this includes another vB4.2.5 forum and several WordPress installations on a dedicated server.

The forum itself is running fine with no errors. Everything in the ACP works fine with no errors EXCEPT the upgrade script.

I wanted to upgrade to add back the CMS portion I had previously uninstalled. Files upload fine via sFTP. ACP is fine (except of course it won't load until /install is deleted) until I click "Run upgrade script". Then I get the server 500 error.

Any ideas on what would cause this?
    Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
    Local Search Forum

500 is just a generic server error. You would need to check the server error logs and find out what the actual error is.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Make sure that the iconv library is enabled in PHP. If it is, then you need to turn on display errors to see what the actual problem is.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

It turned out to be a couple of server misconfiguration errors, sorted out by my host. I can't tell you what they were exactly but tech support fixed it.

What puzzled me was that another vB4.2.5 forum on the same server wasn't affected but I recently did a cPanel migration to a new dedicated server and it appears just that domain (or subdomain actually) didn't transfer perfectly.
        Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
        Local Search Forum

Comment

Working...
        X