Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to prevent mods from banning members from some usergroups?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to prevent mods from banning members from some usergroups?

I am managing a quite large forum with many moderators. Unfortunately some mods do not get along with some valuable members, whom I'd like to protect against infractions and banning. I create a new usergroup for these special members, but I couldn't find a way to restrict the moderators' powers toward a whole usergroup. Is it possible?

I was also wondering if moderators could ban one another? If not, what about a super-moderator banning a regular moderator? If mods cannot ban each others or give each others infractions, then I could grant moderator status to my special usergroup with no forum attributed to them, just as a protection. Would that work? Is that the only way of doing it?

Are you the Administrator? If so I suggest removing all the Moderators who are abusing their ‘powers’.

Comment

While we are at it, I would also like to know if it is possible to prevent moderators from deleting posts or threads started by admins and mods?

Comment

Originally posted by Bat21 View Post
        Are you the Administrator? If so I suggest removing all the Moderators who are abusing their ‘powers’.
        Yes, I am the admin. It is delicate to remove moderators abusing their powers, as they are also doing a great job at maintaining order around the forum and banning trolls. They also contribute to a lot of new topics. If I demote any of them (who have been there fore years), they might get offended and leave the forum.

Comment

You can reinstate banned users so I would make it clear to all moderators that if they abuse their powers and ban anyone that you later have to reinstate, they will lose their position. At least then they've been warned.

Moderators are there on trust, if they can't be trusted I'd be looking for someone else.

Comment