• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gpzzone
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Paypal IPN subscription recurring payments issue

VB 4.2.5

I have recently been obliged to move domain on a long standing and rock steady VB forum.

I charge a nominal annual fee ustilising the paid subscription facility and it's been faultless, however the move has unsurprisingly upset things.

As I understand it, VB sends the callback url to Paypal which returns the IPN message to the listener url specified by VB. I also understand that VB recommends leaving the Paypal IPN url field in Paypal's settings blank, for the simple reason that VB sends the correct return url and doesn't rely upon whatever is recorded at Paypal. Unfortunately nowadays it is not possible to leave this setting blank.

New subscriptions are being established correctly and are elevating the users privileges accordingly, so no problem there.

But, my issue is that since the move, the historical recurring payments which were established on the old server are being pointed back to the old server and failing.

Is there anyway that I can alter VB so that instead of it sending the url that it has recorded against recurring subscription (the old one that doesn't work) to the new site's payment_gateway.php url.

To my mind that could work and with about 2000 legacy subscriptions I'm quite keen to find a solution.

What file do I need to amend, or perhaps more accurately where in the database are the legacy subscription details retained, maybe I can edit the url in there.

Thanks in advance.

CD

Last edited by gpzzone; Tue 30 Jan '18, 11:35am.
    "Live in England and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy. It's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin doesn't actually handle the recurring subscriptions. Paypal does. The url would have to be updated on the Paypal side. if that isn't possible, the subscription would need to be cancelled (on the paypal side) and added to the user account with the new URL.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gpzzone
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Thanks Wayne, that's pretty definitive. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I now know what I'm up against.
      "Live in England and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy. It's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...