X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PPhysX
    • Jul 2014
    • 4.2.X

One specific user always crashes upon login on our vBulletin forum

We have one specific user on our forum which always crashes when he attempts to log in. The entire browser litterally freezes. I have tried to log in on the account on a different computer but the problem still persissts. There is no other user which happens to have this issue. I have tried to 'Repair / Optimize Tables' but it didn't help.

Are there other measurements I can take in order to fix this issue for this user?

We are using vBulletin 4.2.3 Patch Level 2.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by PPhysX
    We have one specific user on our forum which always crashes when he attempts to log in. The entire browser litterally freezes. I have tried to log in on the account on a different computer but the problem still persissts. There is no other user which happens to have this issue. I have tried to 'Repair / Optimize Tables' but it didn't help.

Are there other measurements I can take in order to fix this issue for this user?

We are using vBulletin 4.2.3 Patch Level 2.
    Firstly, please do not go straight to 'Repair / Optimize Tables' whenever there's a problem. These are not routine maintenance tasks, and running them unnecessarily can permanently damage your database. In cases such as this they will do no good whatsoever. They should only be run if the support team tell you to.

With regards to the actual problem...are there any special characters in the username?
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• PPhysX
      • Jul 2014
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B

Firstly, please do not go straight to 'Repair / Optimize Tables' whenever there's a problem. These are not routine maintenance tasks, and running them unnecessarily can permanently damage your database. In cases such as this they will do no good whatsoever. They should only be run if the support team tell you to.

With regards to the actual problem...are there any special characters in the username?
      No special characters, no special plugins assigned to this user aswell. Anything I can test out or do?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...