Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with search and "getnew" after server move and PHP/MySQL upgrade

Hi,

we migrated our vBulletin 4.2.5 to a new web server today and after the server move the search function and also "getnew" posts stopped working.

When trying to search the forum and/or use the "getnew" feature a message like "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." is displayed. No threads...

I have tried to rebuild the search index but no luck. Any ideas?

New server info:
    IIS 10
    MySQL 5.7.20
    PHP 7.1.7
    DB Schema name is also new

Old server info:
    IIS 7.5
    MySQL 5.5.28
    PHP 5.6.30

P.s. We will probably upgrade to vBulletin 5 within some days/weeks but it would be nice to have this fixed before upgrading because the web site is heavy used.
    Last edited by Mr B; Wed 6th Dec '17, 10:42am.

Tried to DISABLE_HOOKS in the config.php and tried to switch back to PHP 5.6.31 but no luck with that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B View Post
      P.s. We will probably upgrade to vBulletin 5 within some days/weeks but it would be nice to have this fixed before upgrading because the web site is heavy used.
      If your server (or site) is heavily used you should think very carefully before migrating to vB5, it does not perform as well as vB4.

Also note that you will also lose all customisations (styles & addons).
      This is my signature.

Comment

Make sure the time on the new server is correct. Rebuild the search index again.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Wayne Luke , time zone and time is correct. Will try to rebuld the search index again and see what happens.

Does the "getnew" posts feature also use the search index? It "feels" like the problem is something else than search index but i cant figure it out.

Comment

Wayne Luke , i have now rebuilt the search index but its still the same problem. First i emptied the search index and noticed that the searchcore_text and searchgroup_text tables was emptied. Then i rebuilt the search index and have now 1113673 rows in searchcore_text and 596337 rows in searchgroup_text table.

But the search function does not find anything... not the getnew either. And neither the search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post . Something is fishy here.

Comment

There is not enough information for us to solve this issue. We need full and complete access to the server through a ticket to understand what is going on.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Ok, then i will add a support ticket for this if we cannot solve our upgrade to vBulletin 5 issue quickly. I mean this thread: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...4-2-5-to-5-3-4

This thread will be obsolete if the upgrade is successful.

Comment

We recently solved this issue. It was related to some MySQL settings. After optimizing my.ini and then rebuilding the Search index again it started to work again.

Comment

Working...
                  X