• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xl21a4
    • Nov 2017
    • 4.2.x

Problems displaying thread content

Hi,

I have vBulletin 4.2.5 with a custom theme called CinemaIce, and I have created different forums and child forums.

When I create a new thread, and I click in the title to see the content, the title appears but not the content.

Then, if I click on "Edit this post", I can see and edit the content, but then, when I update it, the content is still not appearing.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Does the same thing happen in the vBulletin 4 default style?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• xl21a4
      xl21a4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks for aswering me. I do not know, I installed directly the custom theme and now I have this issue.
  • Wayne Luke
    • Aug 2000

Please create a new style with no parent in the ADminCP under Styles & Templates -> Style Manager. Once created, click on it in the list of styles and see if the error continues. If it displays correctly, you need to contact the creator of the style. Make sure you're using a style for your version.

Wayne Luke
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• xl21a4
      xl21a4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I have done what you told me to do and the error is still there. What can I do more? Thanks in advance
  • Wayne Luke
    • Aug 2000

What version of PHP are you using?

Wayne Luke
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• xl21a4
      xl21a4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I'm using PHP Version 7.0.25. I have changed the theme of my vBulletin and the problem is still there. So I do not know what to do. The title displays but not the content. And when I do "Edit post" I can see and modify the content, but then I do "Save" and it does not display again.
      Last edited by xl21a4; Wed 29 Nov '17, 3:54pm.

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know how to solve it either because I don't know what the cause is. You'll need to provide access to your server via a support ticket. FTP, Database and AdminCP access is needed.
  • Mattwhf
    • May 2016
    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by xl21a4
    Hi,

I have vBulletin 4.2.5 with a custom theme called CinemaIce, and I have created different forums and child forums.

When I create a new thread, and I click in the title to see the content, the title appears but not the content.

Then, if I click on "Edit this post", I can see and edit the content, but then, when I update it, the content is still not appearing.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance
    Check postbit template or you can test with a different theme to see if the content will be display there or not.
    If on a new theme, thread content is displayed then you should check your CinemaIce theme because it could have errors.
    Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
    Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!

Comment