Users being redirected to install/install.php once in a while, then it says "404 not found"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeremy8
    • Oct 2009

[Forum] Users being redirected to install/install.php once in a while, then it says "404 not found"

The install files have been deleted of course, so it says 404 not found. But every once in a while, a user reports that this has happened to them. A random page on the forum will redirect to install/install.php (it says this in the URL bar), making it unable for them to go to that page. Apparently hard refreshing has worked to clear the redirecting before. I haven't seen it myself, but it's been reported multiple times over the last few months. The page that redirects to the install file can be anything and it only happens to the one person.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Jeremy8
    The install files have been deleted of course, so it says 404 not found. But every once in a while, a user reports that this has happened to them. A random page on the forum will redirect to install/install.php (it says this in the URL bar), making it unable for them to go to that page. Apparently hard refreshing has worked to clear the redirecting before. I haven't seen it myself, but it's been reported multiple times over the last few months. The page that redirects to the install file can be anything and it only happens to the one person.
    At a guess, I'd say that the software is able to connect to the database but at that specific moment cannot see any data. This would force install.php to load.
    If that's the case, you have a server issue, specifically with the MySQL server.
    What you'll probably need to do is capture a time it occurs and ask your hosts to look in the logs and see if they can find out what's going on.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment