Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signature File Invalid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Signature File Invalid

    All the old signature lines continue to work but any attempt to add or edit a signature results in an error message "invalid file". I have searched the settings and cannot find anything to fix. Suggestions appreciated!

    Pat

  • #2
    I have the same problem, I use vbulletin 4.2.5 and today I view that, when I go to edit my signature, I can't, I have the same error message "invalid signature", I try with 2 users, and same problem.

    Thanks in advance.

    Comment


    • #3
      Rebuild the signature cache under Maintenance -> General Update Tools in the AdminCP.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

      Comment


      • #4
        Also it might be this issue:

        If you check the 'modifysignature' template in the style you're using, is it showing as being customised? If so, revert this template and this should fix the error.

        If you want to check this manually, edit the template and look for this:

        Code:
        value="http://www."
        Change it to:

        Code:
        value=""
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Rebuild the signature cache under Maintenance -> General Update Tools in the AdminCP.
          Hi, this not work for me, but thank you for your attention.

          Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          Also it might be this issue:

          If you check the 'modifysignature' template in the style you're using, is it showing as being customised? If so, revert this template and this should fix the error.

          If you want to check this manually, edit the template and look for this:

          Code:
          value="http://www."
          Change it to:

          Code:
          value=""
          Yes, this yes, works for me.

          And yes, in the template "modifysignature" I was have
          Code:
          value="http://www."
          I changed like you indicate and yes, works fine.

          But a last doubt:
          In my signature, I have codes for link images amd change style colour.
          If click in save, chrome indicate this:
          Code:
          Chrome has detected an unusual code on this page and has blocked it to protect your personal information.
          Try to access the main page of the website.
          ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR
          For works, I need click in change to source mode editor, and then, when click in save, works fine.

          Thanks and regards!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gnrx View Post
            If click in save, chrome indicate this:
            Code:
            Chrome has detected an unusual code on this page and has blocked it to protect your personal information.
            Try to access the main page of the website.
            ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR
            For works, I need click in change to source mode editor, and then, when click in save, works fine.

            Thanks and regards!
            This would be caused by Chrome and not vBulletin. Most likely some extension you have. I also use Chrome and do not have this issue on vBulletin sites.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

              This would be caused by Chrome and not vBulletin. Most likely some extension you have. I also use Chrome and do not have this issue on vBulletin sites.
              Thank you.

              With type my reply, I was use Chromium (not Chrome), now, after read your reply, I try with Chrome (with any extension and fresh install) and I have the same issue.
              But I test with Firefox, and works fine, not problem.

              Only with Chromium & Chrome.

              Its possible this issue its for some template also edited?

              Again, thank you very much!

              Comment


              • #8
                I tried all the above, still getting invalid file.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It isn't actually related to vBulletin but a security feature in browsers. Since vBulletin 4 uses older javascript libraries, they can trigger this protection. There is no fix, only a workaround which is turning it off.

                  You can turn off XSS checking by adding this line to the top of your /includes/config.php file.
                  Code:
                  header('X-XSS-Protection: 0');
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X