X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twitch
    • Apr 2005
    • 4.2.x

redirecting to mysite.forum/content.php

I moved my forum from /public_html/forum to public_html/ and changed everything I could find in vbulletin settings and the config.php but I am thinking I must have missed something because no matter what I do, when I go to mysite.com, it redirects to mysite.forum/content.php

If I go to mysite.com/index.php or any other php file, everything is fine. I can go to mysite.com/content.php and all is well but I cannot go to mysite.com because I get redirected to mysite.forum/content.php

Any ideas what could be causing this? I checked the webhost control panel and there were no redirects set.

here is the contents of my .htaccess file

Code:
    RewriteEngine on

# If you are having problems or are using VirtualDocumentRoot, uncomment this line and set it to your vBulletin directory.
    # RewriteBase /forum/

# If you are having problems with the rewrite from content/ to content.php, uncomment this line to turn MultiViews off.
    # Options -MultiViews

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# Forum
    RewriteRule ^threads/.* showthread.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^forums/.* forumdisplay.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^members/.* member.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^blogs/.* blog.php [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^entries/.* entry.php [QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# MVC
    RewriteRule ^(?:(.*?)(?:/|$))(.*|$)$ $1.php?r=$2 [QSA]

# Check MVC result
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [R=404,L]
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

First thing to do is to run Suspect File Diagnostics under Maintenance -> Diagnostics. Replace any files not containing the expected contents. Delete any files that are not part of vBulletin and that you can't identify as belonging to your addons.

We also recommend that you re-download the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

Next, check your plugins here:

AdminCP > Plugins and Products > Plugin Manager

Often we see this come from a plugin that sits by itself at the top of the list that isn't part of an added Product. If there is one there, delete it.

Next, get up to date copies of all Products that you've got installed, update the files on your server and re-import the XML files for them to ensure that the correct code is held in your database.

For security, you should also change the following passwords:

- all Administrator accounts
    - all FTP accounts
    - your vBulletin database*

*Note that when you do this, you will need to edit includes/config.php to use the new password.

Does this resolve the problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• twitch
      • Apr 2005
      • 4.2.x

Does this resolve the problem? I will let you know in approximately 30 days when I complete the tasks

Comment