VB 4.2.4/4.2.5 Stuck on Processing XML (Install)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chivava
    • Jun 2011

VB 4.2.4/4.2.5 Stuck on Processing XML (Install)

Hello folks,

So I just bought a GoDaddy webhost plan yesterday, I have installed various vBulletin forums over the years on their site, and suddenly I have a problem with getting stuck on the installation process, 73% at Processing XML Step 4 of 9.

I have been in contact with GoDaddy and they said that the system where looking for a .htaccess file, I tried adding the one that was in the do not upload folder, and its still not working. I placed it into the Public_html folder by the way.

Further information I have tried changing the PHP varibles, as I read that could do it too.
    Max execution time is 300
    Memory limit 128M
    PHP version 5.6
  • Rafa-el
    • Feb 2010
    • 4.0.x

The problem looks like its because of the timing of the execution for the script. Can you look into the additional information and post it here so I can look into it?
    Jesus is coming. Are you ready?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

GoDaddy will force Timeouts in the scripts that prevent our installation from running in a smooth fashion. The only way around this is to not use GoDaddy.

In the URL of your browser change install.php to upgrade.php and hit enter. It will reload the page and should start the process where it left off. When it freezes again, wait 5 minutes and reload the page.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment