Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iAreku
    • Jul 2017
    • 4.2.x

OK, back to square 1 then. What do i have to do to get search results from all years?

Comment

• iAreku
      • Jul 2017
      • 4.2.x

Sorry to bug, anything I can do to fix this please?

Comment

• iAreku
        • Jul 2017
        • 4.2.x

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

I don't know what is causing your problem. If you have verified that you have nodes/posts in the sections where it says zero seconds and to process. Then they should be searchable. We haven't changed the search in vBulletin 4 for many years. Do your tables have the proper fulltext indexes on them? Only thing that I can guess at.

Without seeing the actual database, we simply won't know if what we're saying is actually worthwhile or just throwing something at the wall and hoping it sticks.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• iAreku
            • Jul 2017
            • 4.2.x

What I meant is how to troubleshoot exactly this...

How do I verify I have nodes/posts in the sections where it says 0 seconds (which is MOST of the database :???)
            Which section of the db would you need dumped to troubleshoot this further or help me do that?

Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

1) Make sure there is a fulltext index on the searchcore_text table that includes the title and keywordtext fields. If you're using InnoDB, then you must be use MySQL 5.6 or higher. MariaDB 10+ would also be acceptable. If you're using MySQL 5.5 or lower, the table needs to be a MyISAM table.

There should also be a fulltext index on the post table it should include the title and pagetext fields.

2) To see if a range of postids exists in the database, you would have to use a select query like:
              SELECT postid, title FROM post WHERE postid => XXXX AND postid <= YYYYY

3) Finally, you have to run searches on words that exist in your posts to see if there are results.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Rafa-el
                • Feb 2010
                • 4.0.x

Another suggestion is to use the Sphinx search on the forums, that'll be very helpful on a large forum.
                Jesus is coming. Are you ready?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...