X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrandTheftGamer
    • Feb 2010
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] PHP Errors on Thread Search

There are some users which experience this issue (not all), whenever they attempt to view their started threads, they receive this error:

Code:
    Call to a member function allow_icons() on null on line 225 in /vb/legacy/thread.php
    #0 /packages/vbforum/search/type/thread.php(86): vB_Legacy_Thread->has_icon()
    #1 /vb/search/resultsview.php(72): vBForum_Search_Type_Thread->prepare_render(Object(vB_Legacy_CurrentUser), Array)
    #2 /vb/search/resultsview.php(187): vb_Search_Resultsview->render_searchbits(Array)
    #3 /search.php(424): vb_Search_Resultsview->showpage(1, 50, 'search.php?sear...', Array)
    #4 {main}

In my case, I can view their started threads just fine, so I wonder if this is something with permissions? One such user with this problem previously had access to forums that they had posted in but no longer has access to them.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

What version of PHP are you using?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• GrandTheftGamer
      • Feb 2010
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      What version of PHP are you using?
      Currently running on the 7.0 branch. Users originally reported this problem over a year ago (would've been running 5.4 around that time, have also tested this against 5.5 and 5.6), but have not managed to find a way to troubleshoot through this.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Do you have icons defined in the AdminCP under Post Icons -> Post Icon Manager?

What is the default icon value under Settings -> Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show Default Post Icon?

Does its value match the ID of one of the icons listed under Post Icon Manager?

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• GrandTheftGamer
          • Feb 2010
          • 4.2.X

Do you have icons defined in the AdminCP under Post Icons -> Post Icon Manager?

What is the default icon value under Settings -> Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show Default Post Icon?

Does its value match the ID of one of the icons listed under Post Icon Manager?
          Only the default set of icons are defined (14 of them). There is no default icon value set under the Thread Display Options.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Please open a support ticket attention to me. Provide access to the AdminCP and FTP so I can take a deeper look.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Paul M
              Former Lead Developer
              vB.Com & vB.Org
              • Sep 2004

Looking at the code, it seems it cannot load the forum details for something - perhaps a orphaned thread.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• GrandTheftGamer
                • Feb 2010
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Paul M
                Looking at the code, it seems it cannot load the forum details for something - perhaps a orphaned thread.
                I ran the remove orphan option for both threads and posts but that didn't seem to fix it.

Please open a support ticket attention to me. Provide access to the AdminCP and FTP so I can take a deeper look.
                I won't be able to submit this until early next week as I'm heading out of town and it'll require me to setup a FTP server on the machine we host this on.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

I know it was brought up before but for the record I did work on one site where deleting the orphan threads and posts solved the same issue for me. So for some people with this issue, that may be the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...